Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Scope of position:
Responsible for the accurate and timely validation, approval, reconciliation and payment of an assigned portfolio, when combined totaling over $350M in invoices for Air Canada’s Worldwide Catering, Supplier, and other related services (including AC Rouge and Jazz). Responsible to provide guidance and training to Onboard Product Billing Analysts in processing of area’s invoices.
Key Function & Accountabilities:
- Accurately and effectively lead and advise on the approval & processing of an average of $25M of monthly invoices, independently resolving complex disputes/issues in accordance with contractual agreements, and escalating any unresolvable disputes/issues to the Manager, Partner Performance
- Accountable for adherence to all 52-109 audit standards, billing processing SOPs and holding expert knowledge in all of the various Air Canada contractual elements
- Ensure all unit cost, tax, discount, food specification and payment parameter updates are carried out as appropriate within Air Canada’s billing system. Work closely with Product Managers, AC Tax, and YWG A/P offices for area-specific accuracy in execution
- Responsible to oversee and ensure the on-time distribution of all authorized payment amounts to vendors, critical for corporate month-end financial reporting and accrual process entries
- Working with the reporting manager, assist in identifying and implementing strategic improvements to billing processes, with a focus of an increased use of automation to further improve the reconciliation, processing and analytics of the $350M worth of annual invoices
- Required to track and improve billing KPI metrics and performance vs targets
- Actively participate in required system updates and testing prior to new system releases. Work closely with Manager, Catering Automation and IT provider to review and resolve open SRs (Service Requests) working towards implementation of enhancements
- Provide guidance and oversight to Onboard Product Billing Analyst with contract invoicing/payment terms and SOPs, to avoid breach of agreements
- Meet regularly with Reporting Manager to review KPIs, open billing issues & movement towards dispute resolution.
- Assume lead advisory role for all internal audit control elements relating to Catering billing/payment.
- Provide advice and guidance to Onboard Product Billing Analyst in the training and support of existing and/or new Vendors on billing processes. Billing Manager may take the lead on conference calls with senior management or with complex billing matters.
- Initiate and/or assist on special projects as required for Manager, Branch Director/Managing Director, or Director
- Train and develop Onboard Product Billing Analyst & provide necessary job training as required
- Safety and Regulatory Requirements:
- Follow IRAM (Intuitive Risk Assessment Model) for change or introduction of equipment, processes and Procedures, and when conducting all investigations (Integrated-AMS Manual, PUB 1, Appendix C)
- Follow document retention guidelines (Integrated-AMS Manual, PUB 1, and Chapter 4)
- Refer to Integrated-AMS Manual, PUB 1, and Chap 5 for iSMS Management
- Strong finance, accounting and analytical background is essential
- University degree in Business, Finance or Accounting (or similar professional designation) is an asset
- Requires sound knowledge of financial processes and financial analysis techniques.
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Excellent inter-personal and team-building skills
- Ability to work autonomously, make decisions, effectively address issues and communicate professionally with senior management of 3rd parties, escalating for support when indicated
- Results driven self-starter with a lot of initiative & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate, communicate and work well within a team
- English (spoken and written) level 4 is essential, French will be an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.