Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Team Care Manager, the Care Specialist will offer the highest level of customer service while providing employees, managers and third party with assistance regarding our different HR programs and Pay questions.
Key functions and accountability:
- Provide timely resolution to employees’ inquiries via calls and/or emails, including concerns or issues to ensure a positive employee experience.
- Provide excellent customer service by demonstrating ownership of issues / concerns being raised by employees.
- Responsible for the day-to-day handling of employee reporting transactions in the HR Systems (time and attendance, job changes, personal information updates, etc.)
- Escalate processing issues with regards to day-to-day transactions or calls received.
- Work closely with the many other components of the HR function to resolve HR cases and address customer needs.
- Act as primary contact for employees regarding any HR programs or pay inquiries and ensure accurate response is provided.
- Liaise with internal HR stakeholders to ensure issues and concerns are addressed for more in-depth issues.
- Forward employee inquiries to third party vendors/outsourced providers (such as pension administrators, disability administrators and HR processing partners, etc...)
- Escalate and participate in the improvement of identified gaps in processes.
- Recognize and report unusual events or consistent problems areas to Team Lead
Bachelor’s degree (an asset)
Strong customer focus gained through previous customer service experience
Ability to exercise impeccable judgment, confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of tact and discretion at all times when dealing with employees and sensitive situations
Ability to work under pressure with speed and accuracy and establish priorities while maintaining a high customer service level
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent oral and written skills in English and French
Proven problem resolution skills and the ability to multi-task
PeopleSoft and Payroll systems knowledge and experience a strong asset
Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Ability to quickly learn new systems
Working knowledge of applications specific to HR (an asset)
Experience in recruitment or employee care (an asset)
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.