Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Multimedia Communications Centre is a key resource for Air Canada’s corporate branding and visual communications standards. The centre’s resources offer cost-effective solutions by maintaining and enhancing corporate brand, and working closely with our in-house team of communication professionals.
Corporate photography/videography is increasingly central to our internal communications and media relations strategies, both of which rely more heavily than ever on high-quality visual components. Growing internal platforms such as HZTV, Yammer, Aeronet, and external channels such as the Air Canada media centre, require images to make our words and messaging effective and accessible to all audiences.
Air Canada’s external social media platforms also consistently depend on corporate photography. To keep up with the pace of the social media world, these photos must be captured in the moment, in real time within our operation, with a library that is reliable and refreshed – unlike marketing photography, which is handled through our Marketing Studio.
We are primarily seeking a corporate photographer. However, we are also looking for someone with enough experience in videography to manage and execute basic one-camera interview/testament videos.
We’re seeking a highly organized professional photographer/videographer who can manage multiple projects and many varied types of photography in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that has internal and external-facing clientele. Where many photographers specialize in particular types of photography – people, equipment, food, aviation – this incumbent must excel in all of them. The incumbent must be able to interpret Air Canada’s corporate brand in a photographic nature.
The incumbent will have strong interpersonal skills and understand customer needs, maintain brand and photography standards, and manage resources accordingly. The incumbent needs to manage multiple projects, and collaborate and coordinate their efforts with those of the company archivist. They will also need to work closely with make-up artists, models, digital photo printers, framers, graphic designers, marketers, public relations managers, community initiative managers, in-house writers from employee communications, production editors and many third-party suppliers. The incumbent must also manage key operational stakeholders such as Scheduling, Crew Planning, Catering, Maintenance etc., in order to co-ordinate aircraft, people, and product availability to obtain branded visuals in real time.
The incumbent must be able to travel on a moment’s notice, due in part to being on the Emergency Response field team.
Key functions and responsibilities:
- Multi-faceted photographic/videography skills required:
- Variety of lighting set ups
- Indoor and Outdoor photography
- Air-to-air photography
- Executive portraits
- Employee candid photography
- Food photography
- Product photography
- Real estate exterior and interior beauty shots
- Social Media photography/videography
- One-camera interview and testament videography (teleprompteer, lighting, camera)
- Take ownership of all corporate photography assets and standards
- Ensure guidelines are regularly adhered to and maintained
- Collaborate in multiple cross-functional teams
- Maintain an effective system to track workload across multiple teams
- Clearly communicate timelines and resource availability so potential conflicts can be identified and addressed
- Work with project managers, product managers, social media managers and marketing managers to support all creative applications
- Collaborate with Corporate Communicators, Employee Comms., Marketing, Social Media Managers (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Yammer, YouTube), etc.
- Facilitate and participate in the discovery, development, deployment and maintenance of all photography upgrades and new technologies
- Troubleshoot and resolve non-routine client management questions and issues
- Assess and establish simple processes to improve workflow and communication across disciplines
- Be up-to-date with current trends and technologies
- Negotiate contracts and budgets with suppliers and contractors and maintain their relationships
- Member of the Emergency Response Field Team
- Can be deployed to an incident or accident of company property. This could involve an aircraft anywhere in the world. (You need to be prepared to go anywhere in a moments notice). The job is to document the accident through photos and video to help the lead investigator at Air Canada.
- Social Media:
- deliver photography assets for internal and external social media channels
- generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages employee and customer base to take action
- collaborate with other departments
Minimum 5-years professional experience
Proven working experience in corporate photography
Proven working experience in social media photography/videography
Excellent editing (photo/video) presentation and communication skills
Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop
Strong understanding of photography technologies
Strong understanding of Social media platforms
Demonstrate experience with photo production
Fluent in English and French
Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
Superior interpersonal and communication skills with ability to connect with a wide variety of audiences, including colleagues, executives, team members and suppliers.
Must be able to put people at ease and direct their behaviours when they are being photographed or taped.
Build long-term relationships with clients and suppliers
Must be collaborative and a team player
Agile and flexible
Available to work odd hours, as some of their schedule will be driven by events.
Nice to have:
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Bilingual (English and French).
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.