Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The incumbent will be responsible for development and/or deployment of IT systems used within the Operational areas for the Air Canada Maintenance Branch. The goal is to ensure business and IT alignment, consistency in IT applications/architecture, adherence with Corporate IT policies and protocols and capitalize on synergies where and when possible.
- Providing leadership on technology capabilities, consulting services and providing direction to project and application development teams in support of Line Maintenance, Stores and Logistics
- Lead a team comprised of systems analysts, project managers, and other supporting teams
- Troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and provide solutions to complex hardware/software problems
- Provide technical leadership during crisis and major incidents
- Development of a vision, roadmap and implementation plan to standardize and leverage applications across ACM Departments while working closely with other Operations branches (Flight Operations, System Operations Control, Corporate Safety, Airports, and Inflight Service).
- Work closely with team members within the Operations IT, Customer Service IT and Corporate IT teams to leverage expertise and systems across multiple departments or branches.
- Represent the overall ACM Operations IT team on corporate initiatives for technical and architectural items as required
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and cost reductions through new technology and/or the leveraging technology across the organization.
- Work with the Strategic Procurement tear and participate in the technical review and selection of new applications and services
- Manage relationships with IBM, Bell, TRAX, and other key suppliers.
- Liaise with Corporate IT, Customer Service IT and Commercial IT to optimize and integrate the technology plans across the organization.
- Foster a highly cooperative and productive team environment with a strict adherence to proper project management methodology
- Representative on Technical Steering Committees
- Maintain system integrity by ensuring proper testing methodology
- Define and communicate goals, objectives, expectations and performance measures
- Be recognized as a role model for leadership excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Systems or Business, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of AC operations and existing policies and procedures
- Proven architectural background and technical writing skills.
- Proven skills in application design, including adoption of methodologies that fully document designs and architectural standards
- Detailed understanding of proper project management methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to develop vision and implementation plans that achieve objectives
- Proven ability to develop business cases
- Recognized leader
- Financial acumen
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to effectively present information and cases to Senior Management
- Airline maintenance processes and systems knowledge an asset
- Experience in managing people an asset
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.