Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Manager, Operational Planning will lead the daily activities for the Operational Planning department. In this role, they will support the Planners by having direct oversight of the daily maintenance plan build. This role ensures maintenance program, regulatory and other tasks and activities are planned and successfully executed within their prescribed time limits through delivery of an executable plan.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Ensure effective inter-branch communication for maintenance to protect day-of-flight schedule
- Oversee the complete Maintenance plan for Line Maintenance from day-of to 14 days.
- Responsible for key operational decisions regarding maintenance plan impact.
- Lead and communicate daily operations maintenance plan summaries, and host daily operational conference calls
- Manage the implementation and completion of high-profile projects
- Ensure and display consideration for financial impact when assessing plan options/scenarios.
- Manage complex Maintenance requirements with Line Maintenance and SOC
- Work with internal/external customers to support day-of plan requirements
- Responsible for resolving escalated planning conflict / capacity / routing / labour balancing / material and Line Maintenance issues
- Collaborate with System Configuration to rectify errors/omissions identified in TRAX (to include part number applicability, task card discrepancy, manhour evaluation changes, etc.
- Carry out administrative duties with regards to personnel, conduct team meetings, etc
Approx. no of people managed : 30 unionized
Strong knowledge of the Air Canada maintenance an asset
Strong knowledge of the operation an asset
Self-driven and works well with minimal supervision
Demonstrated excellent problem-solving skills involving data analysis.
Excellent working knowledge with MS Office programs, TRAX and Netline.
Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.