Trans-Canada Capital (TCC) is an innovative asset management firm specializing in non-traditional investment strategies for institutional investors. Since 2009, the team has successfully managed the pension assets of Air Canada, one of the largest corporate pension plans in the country. Over the years, we have earned an enviable reputation by generating superior returns through sophisticated strategies focusing on alpha generation in a rigorous risk-controlled framework. With more than $30 billion in assets under management, over 100 professionals based in Montreal, and a complete range of innovative solutions, TCC is well positioned to meet the needs of institutional investors seeking consistent returns.
We have an opportunity for an entrepreneurial and dynamic Junior Sales Associate, Institutional Sales to join our Client Solutions team and support the growth of the business. Reporting to and working directly with the Vice President, Institutional Sales, you will play an integral role in assisting with the external sales effort within the institutional segment in a variety of different ways.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for implementing a new CRM system and acting as lead contact. This will be a key focus of the role and prior experience will be an advantage.
- Contribute to sales strategy, market intelligence and client intelligence presentations and documents to support business development and client servicing activities.
- Provide business development reporting to management on a regular basis.
- Follow up with prospective and existing prospects and clients as required.
- Assist with onboarding of new clients and client servicing.
- Participate in coordinating responses for RFP.
- Identify institutional prospects (Pension funds, Foundations, Endowments) through use of databases and search engines. This can involve cold calling and lead generation activities.
- Partake, engage and assist with sales roadshows, client events and seminars as required.
- Adhering to all organizational compliance and regulatory policies, and ensuring that client interactions are accurately documented
- Two or more years of experience in an institutional sales environment.
- Prior experience implementing and managing a CRM system and providing sales reporting.
- University graduate degree in business, finance or another related field
- Professional investment designations (CFA, CAIA) are an asset.
- Experience in alternative investments and/or fixed Income are an asset.
- Understanding of investment management, economic, and market data to articulate the firm’s investment strategy to clients.
Knowledge and skills
- Prior experience implementing and managing a CRM system will be an advantage
- Project management skills with attention to detail and proven ability to multi-
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a desire to work hard and continuous improvement.
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure and changing environment, and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated investment professional and motivated sales professional
- Excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and a high level of integrity
- Strong ability to prepare client ready professional presentations and reports
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fully bilingual (French/English)
Strong interpersonal skills
Free to travel from time to time
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.