Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The International Agency Sales Programs department is seeking a highly motivated person who enjoys challenging work, and who is looking for experience in the Global Sales Branch.
Lead, manage and coordinate all activities related to the development and implementation of incentive commission programs for international travel distributors. Direct local, regional and global incentive activities for Online Travel Agencies.
- Lead, implement and manage incentive commission programs for Online Travel Agencies (OTA) to optimize the cost of sales and AC’s global share of the OTA demand.
- Manage overall OTA contracts including additional commercial aspects (such as distribution and marketing) and coordinate with the different stakeholders (legal, Finance)
- Develop and implement direction of incentive commission strategies, for International based agencies, to increase market competitiveness and optimize AC’s share of the agency business.
- Conduct financial analysis and cost projections for each program initiative. Develop regular performance and post audit reporting to evaluate success of each program. Recommend program customization/changes by channel as required.
- Optimize and Manage cost of sales programs to target. Develop and maintain tracking of automated and manual payments and payment status. Provide commercial justification for contract commission expenditures.
- Support the budget, outlook, and accrual process.
- Develop and measure business acquisition strategy, including push actions and tactical offers, and manage associated contracts for Online Travel Agencies and non-JV POS agencies. Initiate corrective action to ensure success against targets.
- Act as advisor in negotiations with agency partners including analysis of past and future performance targets, payment schedules, drafting of contract, terms and conditions, determination of reporting and audit processes.
- Provide support to the Air Canada sales channels on agency issues as relates to the incentive programs, revenue reporting, policies/procedures.
- Communicate business initiatives, policies, and procedures
- Have a solid understanding of Joint Venture (A++, China) incentive and reward programs for all POS and ensure alignment with AC corporate objectives.
- Support the International Agency Sales team.
- Coach and develop abilities of managed staff (if applicable).
Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years experience in Sales, RM, and finance in the travel industry sector.
Ability to conceptualize and implement profitable business-oriented solutions.
Possess a global market knowledge/perspective and a strategic approach to business.
Strong problem solving and expert analytical skills.
Strong negotiating, communication, and organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Ability to travel on short notice.
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.