Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking a Contracts Analyst – Airside and Vendor Performance who will be based at our Montreal Headquarters and part of the Strategic Procurement team.
Strategic Procurement (SP) is comprised of several Category Management teams and a Knowledge Management (KM) team. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Strategic Procurement – Airside Services and Transportation & Logistics and will play a key role in managing the overall vendor contracted service level performance within the Airside Services and Transportation & Logistics category.
This role requires someone who will work alongside the category managers on various sourcing and contracting initiatives related to the operations, globally. Airside Services relate to operations at airports, including, but not limited to ground and cargo handling, de-icing operations and glycol recovery, ground support equipment. Transportation and Logistics focuses on freight (delivery, handling, audit, etc.), and similar to Airside Services, spans our passenger and cargo operations. The successful candidate will apply a passion for leadership and collaboration in order to obtain the best value for the airline and to develop mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers.
The Contracts Analyst – Airside and Vendor Performance will be responsible for (but not limited to):
Work alongside the SP Vendor Performance Analyst to timely track reporting on vendor contracted service level performance for the Airside, Transportation & Logistics category
Actively manage overall vendor performance and interface with service providers to ensure contracted services are delivered in a consistent matter
Use effective communication tools to troubleshoot performance concerns and as to preserve the relations with external suppliers
Work alongside the Strategic Procurement Managers with various sourcing and contracting initiatives within the Airside, Transportation & Logistics category
Lead the procurement process on behalf of internal customer branches for the purchase of various airside goods and services.
Support the competitive bidding process through Request for Proposals/Quotes/Information (RFXs) and the analysis of bids received.
Support negotiations with suppliers on behalf of internal customers to secure agreements that are beneficial to Air Canada.
Contribute to the improvement of internal procurement practices:
Act as an ambassador for Strategic Procurement and Air Canada:
Further develop SP relationships with internal customers through all engagements and current/potential service providers to Air Canada
Effectively communicate and promote the successes of SP
Actively engage in learning Commercial and IT subject matter, negotiation best practices, Air Canada’s governance and business processes
- University degree in the relevant field of study (Commerce, Supply chain, Finances) or professional experience to support the responsibilities of this role
- Demonstrated communication (verbal and written), effective, analytical, negotiation, and project management skills
- Experience in the any of the fields of: procurement, passenger airlines, Airports / Airside services environment, supply chain and/or logistics are all of added benefit.
- Experience in financial analysis and evaluation is an asset.
- Full proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and accommodate changing priorities
- Ability to build and prepare dynamic charts and reports measurable KPIs summarizing vendor performance
- Ability to facilitate a cross-functional work team to achieve objectives.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to innovate
- Strong organizational skills
- High degree of professionalism and discretion is essential
- Flexibility with work hours and travel will be required
- High school diploma or equivalence;
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st 2021
Conditions of Employment:
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.