Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Solutions Specialist - 3rd Party Requests will be responsible for timely and accurate handling of 3rd Party requests in relation to Air Canada employees, retirees and former employee employment files.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
Responsible for the day-to-day handling of 3rd Party requests for employee information (3rd Party requestors are mainly, but not limited to; Government agencies such as Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), Revenue Québec, Service Canada, CPP and QPP, law firms, financial institutions.
Liaise with various internal stakeholders to obtain and/or review employee information such as payroll records, absence reports, job descriptions, personal information, copies of personal files, general pension and benefit information and ensuring the guidelines of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) are followed.
Prepare written responses to be sent to the requestors.
Respond to third party requests received by telephone.
Responsible for the day-to-day handling of Power of Attorney (POA) requests by obtaining and reviewing all required documents prior to submitting to our HR branch for approval.
Be the liaison between the POA Agent and the HR Branch in obtaining documents and obtaining further clarification as required.
Advise stakeholders such as our Pension Administrators and Travel team once the POA is approved.
Responsible for the day-to-day handling of the Non-Resident process by communicating with non-resident retirees, validating of tax forms, CRA approval letters and taxation rates, and ensuring all are in accordance with the CRA’s tax treaty rates.
Act as primary contact between third party and Air Canada Human Resources and ensure the accurate and timely processing of requests.
Participate with the analysis and implementation of new processes while improving existing procedures.
Escalate processing issues with regards to day-to-day processing
- Minimum of high school degree with relevant experience
- Ability to exercise impeccable judgment, confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of tact and discretion at all times when dealing with employees and sensitive situations.
- Ability to work under pressure with speed and accuracy and establish priorities while maintaining a high customer service level.
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation and high degree of diplomacy.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written communication skills in both French and English
- Ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to translate Reports and Queries into common terms.
- Understanding of general HR, payroll, and benefits an asset.
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st 2021
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted