Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Passenger Movement Manager is an advocate for Air Canada’s customers in the decision making process during day of Operations. They are responsible for a consistent Air Canada brand travel experience and brand consistency in the delivery of the Air Canada schedule. They are accountable for proactively identifying customer impacts in the Air Canada schedule and bringing proactive measures to minimize the impact of the disruption to our customers. They provide planning assistance, support and direction to minimize customer disruptions in the deployment of operational recovery initiatives.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Serve as the primary gateway into SOC on matters of customer service and passenger movement. Screen requests and set priorities for action by the Operations Manager (OCM) and team.
- Coordinate within the Planning Unit additional flying, diversions and other special operations to protect and enhance the customer experience.
- Identify and protect mission critical flying. (On Time Performance objectives, Crew duty day etc.)
- Provide flight specific customer analysis (groups, priority passengers, etc.) in support of day of flight aircraft plans and assignments.
- Coordinate with operational stakeholders on the passenger re-accommodation process by identifying affected flights, protection opportunities and assigning action as required.
- Ensure irregular operations and customer information is communicated to key operational stakeholders (airports and call centres.). Complete all flight forecasting activities and ensure that are both accurate and timely.
- Track and log data relevant to effective customer service management as defined by the Manager Passenger Movement.
- Provide continuous feedback to the Manager Passenger Movement to improve the effectiveness of the passenger movement function.
- Accountable for initiation and oversight of the Emergency Response lock-out process.
- Monitor valid day-of-flight opportunities, constraints and recovery options from the Operating Branches to ensure that Customer impact and down line implications are considered in the decision making process.
- Provide shift coverage as required for the Manager, Passenger Movement, to ensure the function is staffed.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st 2021
- Ability to work different shift patterns, including weekends, and holidays.
- Minimum two years Customer Service experience preferably with an airline.
- Knowledge in Altea CM, Inventory, Netline, Microsoft, and Communicator applications is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Fundamental understanding of Airline operations, within a network carrier an asset.
- Sound understanding of passenger accommodation, and protection.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.