Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Business Partnership Team interfaces with Air Canada business groups to identify and prioritize business requirements for IT. It aligns and translates business needs to technology requirements. The successful incumbent will play a key role in shaping the future of technology in the Corporate Services business groups (HR, Finance, Communications, Safety, Security, Corporate Real Estate, Legal) and help set the path forward for the end users.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, IT, and external vendors
- Align business priorities with IT service delivery and translate business needs to technology requirements
- Create successful relationships with business and be a trusted point person on issues and aspects related to IT
- Perform business analysis, develop business plans and recommendations as required
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and prioritize business requirements for IT and evaluate risks associated with business requests
- Collaborate with Digital & Technology and Delivery & Operations teams to ensure development of solutions that are compatible with company standards
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to collect and use information for improved operational performance
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business requirements
- Manage delivery-specific stakeholder expectations within a functional area
- Handle moderate amount of technical complexity, and continuously driving development of effective technical solutions for business challenges within a functional area
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques, and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required as of October 31st 2021
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 3+ years of IT experience in a large company
- Certifications in business analytics, PMI-PBA (Professional in Business Analysis), CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional), an asset.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions
- Ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to different and new ways of doing things
- Takes responsibility for the results and actively participates in the future direction of the organization
- Demonstrates concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated and independent worker
- Results oriented with proactive and methodical approach to problem solving
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.