Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Solution Architect (SA) will lead the translation of business strategies and requirements into specific technical solutions, applications and process designs and identify associated functional requirements. He/She plays an integral role in the solution definition for product or project deliveries as he/she assumes the overall responsibility for all technical aspects of solution delivery, from inception through design to implementation (including all aspects related to development, infrastructure, data and configuration management perspectives). The Solution Architect will have to conduct regular detailed solution analysis and provide expert judgment pertaining to highly complex technical issues including all aspects related to development, infrastructure, data and configuration management perspectives
The Solution Architect will design and oversee the development of solutions for digital applications that interface to internal and external consumers, making use of Amazon web services and other technologies as needed. The position is based out of Toronto and reflects Air Canada’s commitment to substantially improving customer and employee digital experience.
- Create detailed solution design and reviews across relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment to the overall business needs including architecture overview, detailed solution architecture and whenever necessary the architecture decisions and performance testing documents
- Analyze, document and optimize the overall solution architecture by developing design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes aligned on industry best practices
- Participate in the selection of relevant technologies and products when solicited
- Present and socialize proposed solutions to technical boards during review sessions as well as articulate and communicate designs to audiences with limited expertise related to the selected technology
- Support the delivery of the solution by providing insights to the application development teams and project managers that plan and execute delivery activities
- Support implementation processes in association with internal and external development teams, participate in project-related activities and enforces guidelines and standards that production teams use to help guide their work
- Assume responsibility for the quality of the implemented solution and its adherence to technology strategies, standards and best practices defined by the enterprise architecture team
- Provide architectural leadership to development teams, and serve as the primary architect resource, and provide technical guidance and leadership to all internal and external teams involved in the implementation process
- Create solution architecture documents that describe and explain solutions attributes and associated benefits and maintain documentation in collaboration with enterprise architects as well as others solution architects
- Support the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution management methodologies, including obtaining feedback after the solution has been implemented
- Build standard solution templates for different business use cases
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.