Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
In anticipation of future openings Air Canada is now accepting applications for the below positions within Air Canada Base:
Flight Attendant Crew Schedulers – Records function (Unifor). This position will be located at Air Canada Base in Montreal, 7373 boul. De la Côte-Vertu Ouest, Saint-Laurent. Paid training will be for a period of maximum 6 months. Should you be contacted for an interview, further information will be provided at that time.
This position is responsible to administer all aspects related to Cabin Personnel pay.
- Manage and adjust Cabin Personnel Sick Bank, process all requests from In-Flight management group for sickness
- Investigate Grievances
- Review and validation all union displacements, and Short-Term Special Assignments
- Generate end-of-year reports for Crew Records to correct and update flight attendant's monthly attendance
- Liaison with our Crew Accommodation department in reviewing invoices and cancellation requests.
- Process e-Claims: pay adjustments, ground duties.
- Process all In-Flight Service Management requests for schedule changes.
- Process all invoices electronically hotels, catering, transportation, Shepell, etc.
- Meet Pay Close-Off Deadlines for Air Canada (AC).
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills
- A demonstrated ability to maintain and monitor records effectively
- An ability to deal with conflict resolution and problem solving
- Previous airline operational experience an asset
- Previous Call Centre experience an asset
- Good computer skills; knowledge of RES III, NetLine, & Communicator is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Must successfully complete and pass Initial Flight Attendant Crew Scheduling Training Program.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.