Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to assume the function of Resource Scheduling Specialist. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with a team in the planning and reporting of manpower schedules and training for a large unionized workforce; while controlling operational manpower costs and meeting corporate objectives.
Key Functions & Responsibilities
- Pre-plan staff levels and plan manpower requirements (optimizing costs)
- Work with a team to design and implement semi annual staffing bids
- Monitor long term vacancies while ensuring relief coverage is in place
- Liaise with union representatives to address employee concerns
- Develop all unionized training schedules required for the station and deliver on corporate training requirements
- Schedule employee’s training as per the plan
- Maintain and track yearly vacation plans for a large unionized workforce
- Coordinate and backfill relief assignments
- Balance work schedule/hours when shift cycle change occurs and advise payroll
- Adjust staffing levels, a month in advance, in response to operational changes of the monthly headcount targets while controlling costs
- Prepare documentation & reporting of schedule assignments for payroll purposes
- Assure tracking and coordination of staff hiring, staff movements, and/or employee status changes.
- Maintain employee seniority lists due to retirements, resignations, transfers, and terminations.
- Communicate schedules and assignments directly to employees
- On a bi-annual basis, update and communicate schedule bid documentation to unionized workforce
- Manages escalated employee pay concerns with third party provider
- Monthly payroll/headcount audit
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with time sheet handling, processes with payroll and administration of working schedule
- Proven time management and planning skills
- Ability to establish work priorities and perform while under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with employees’ concerns and issues regarding their schedules
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven experience with MS-Office, advanced knowledge of MS-Excel and MS-Word
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of airport or similar complex operations an asset
- Ability to learn new computer applications
- Experience working in a unionized environment an asset; knowledge of IAMAW or CAW collective agreements
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.