Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Director of Data Operations, the Specialist, Data & Analytics (Data Governance) is responsible for leading the implementation of the Data Governance Program at Air Canada. Working in concert with Data Management, Security, Privacy and BI/Analytics stakeholders, the incumbent is responsible for setting, implanting and controlling policies and procedures to ensure data integrity, security and usage across the Air Canada ecosystem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Business Stakeholders and IT to set and drive data governance agenda
- Coordinate data governance councils and data stewardship network to promote implementation and adoption of priority policies and procedures
- Create and maintain collaborative alliance with compliance, privacy, and Information Security
- Oversee cross-functional data governance and ensure scope of data governance initiatives are aligned
- Develop standards, policies and procedures to support of Data Governance elements including but not limited to
- Classify data following information security and data governance guidelines
- Identify and document critical and sensitive data elements.
- Define and document data policies for data access and classification, retention and privacy following Air Canada’s applicable regulations and requirements (business and technical)
- Identify and document data quality risks and issues using Air Canada’s risk management process
- Identify and document data lifecycle stages and processes
- Support and contribute to project management activities by participating in the scoping and estimating of project efforts, risks identification and mitigation measures recommendation, communicating activity status and providing timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems to the Project Manager.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to lead, persuade, and empower to effect organizational change.
- Structured, organized thinker
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity
- Lead-by example, team player
- Able to collaborate with stakeholders, peers and team to achieve plans
- Able to champion change management initiatives associated with Data Governance
- Pragmatic, results orientation
- Experience in implementing a data governance or quality program
- Knowledge of standards (e.g., DAMA)
- Familiarity with Data Governance tools such AXON, Colibra, Datum etc
- Knowledge of airline or transportation industry
- Knowledge of best practices and latest trends in data management
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.