Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, AQP Training Design, the AQP Training Design Manager collaborates with pilot SMEs to design and develop performance-driven, engaging and innovative training solutions by applying an instructional systems design (ISD) methodology in line with the Advanced Qualifications Program (AQP) pilot training requirements.
The incumbent leverages various instructional technologies, including (but not limited to) MS Office Suite products, eLearning authoring tools, videos and other media or software.
- Use specialized software to develop and manage job task analysis (JTA), Qualification Standards, training footprints and lesson outlines (in collaboration with SMEs) for submission to Transport Canada
- Design, develop new or revise existing instructor-led and web-based courseware to meet established adult learning standards, instructional design and best practices using technology, such as eLearning authoring tools, multi-media, etc.
- Improve quality of courses by creating training that is engaging, less text-based and more visual to provide a better learning experience and improved retention for the crews
- Leverage relevant instructional design strategies such as scenarios, storytelling, roleplay and examples from real life to provide opportunities for crews to actively engage with the content through the application of operating procedures, decision making activities and problem-solving scenarios that are authentic, meaningful, relate to job tasks and improve performance
- Work within a team and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet set timelines
- Remain current in the eLearning/training field and new developments in educational technology and learning standards
- Expertise in adult education or workplace, preferably in a technical field
- University degree or college certificate in Adult Learning or similar is an asset
- Airline experience is an asset
- Solid experience building engaging courseware that are media-rich offering superior learning experience
- Technical skills required – eLearning authoring tools (preferably Articulate Storyline 360), Adobe Cloud Suite (i.e. Aftereffects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, InDesign) or similar
- Advanced skills in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint
- Strong time and project management, organization skills with acute attention to detail
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with SMEs, be able to work independently and in a team.
- Analytical thinking, creative and innovative, enthusiastic and willing to take on challenges.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.