Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Responsible to create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and minimize resistance of improvement initiatives. Act as a coach for senior leaders and executives by helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. Works to assist the business to drive faster adoption, higher utilization and achieve greater proficiency of improvements. Manages change plans for value stream initiatives, acts as key link to people, communications, learning and development teams.
Creates a positive and collaborate environment for employees. Integrates change management activities into initiative plans. Provides support to communication activities and best practice implementations. Defines with value stream leaders the operations organization maturity process and roadmap.
Key Functions & Accountabilities:
- Receive direction from corporate on appropriate change management methodology.
- Provide assigned branches support by completing change management assessments for improvement initiatives, and alignment of change activities.
- Ensure initiatives have an effective change management /communication plan aligned to Flight Path and corporate requirements.
- Responsible for developing and embedding change management and communication principles, processes and plans into business outcomes.
- Manage identification of required leadership/stakeholder attributes and articulate the importance of leadership in an effective change process.
- Obtain approval from process owners and sponsors on initiative change management plans.
- Motivate and influence leaders to support changes before, during, and after changes are rolled out.
- In-conjunction with business leaders, develop strategies to improve process performance within the assigned value stream.
- Ensure stability is maintained throughout the change management process.
- Serve as change agent; foster spirit of communication, collaboration and continuous improvement within the organization leveraging new or existing best practices, tools and Operations Excellence methods.
- Perform the branch maturity assessment and educate the teams on organization maturity process.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated capability for inspiring and developing teams for success.
- Consulting experience on management systems and work floor supervisory coaching an asset
- Experience with change management strategies and plan development.
- Effective organizational skills and an aptitude for managing the pace of change.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent tenure as change manager in a productive environment.
- 5 years demonstrated experience in change management.
- Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and viewed as credible.
- Effective communication skills and ability to influence and persuade others to action.
- PC proficiency (Word, PowerPoint)
- Able to travel.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.