Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The Airport Service Help Desk Coordinator provides 24/7, 365-day support to Altea users worldwide and E-ticket partners when required.
Key Functions & Accountabilities
- Process incoming calls from Altea users: reset passwords and provide assistance to Customer Sales and Service agents on inquiries/problems related to Altea system and procedures.
- Record and prioritize calls, escalating according to their relative impact on the operational integrity of Air Canada.
- Provide CM support to users (resolve baggage tag issues, seat map queries, Edifact through check-in issues, clarify Timatic, support name changes, transfer customers from one flight to another, assist in handling denied boarding situations and entering hand back information)
- Answer E-ticket questions (association, push/obtain control, changing status, cancel FRFT, etc.)
- Provide support for reservation issues, including dividing PNRs, name changes, fare quotes and ticket re-issues.
- Contact the OAL helpdesks on behalf of our agents.
- Be the point of contact for Airports with regards to CCS (Common Customer Servicing) for Star Alliance Partners, proving seamless travel for passengers travelling on any Star Partner.
- Provide resolutions to problems:
- Provide explanation to users including coaching and training;
- Dispatch unresolved problems to 2nd level or 3rd level parties and follow-up on issues;
- Escalate unresolved problems with due concern for expediency
- Liaise with Level 2 help desk teams on problems identified as trends and provide quality assurance feedback.
- Raise trouble reports to document system problems and malfunction.
- Provide core database support during off-hours.
- Develop and maintain strong competency in all technical areas of Altea (i.e. Reservations, Customer Management, Ticketing, etc.) as well as Customer Service procedures relevant to Air Canada processes and procedures.
- Denied boarding compensation – resolve duplicate compensation or improperly issued compensation
- Flight Vetting for U.S. Stations – until cutover to Altea
- Baggage Requests/Authorizations
- Handle email requires for assistance from internal customers and Star Alliance/OAL carriers
- Update Glids for training until cutover to Altea
- Table various Tables
- Report Security Breaches to reporting Manager.
- Strong knowledge of Air Canada products, policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of ACpedia
- Knowledge of Altea
- Self-starter and able to identify/action areas for improvements
- Background in Customer Service with strong experience in Airport functions
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for computer systems and technologies (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness and ability to work shifts, including evening, overnight and holidays.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.