Trans-Canada Capital (TCC), a subsidiary of Air Canada, is an investment management firm growing rapidly. TCC manages the assets of Air Canada’s pension plans and also offers its services to third-party institutional investors. The assets under management include traditional asset classes (bonds and stocks), alternative investments (derivatives, infrastructure, private equity and real estate), and portable alpha strategies (hedge funds and tactical asset allocation) worth over $23B in aggregate. The investment team of over 70 professionals is located in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Manager Financial Operations, the Analyst – Financial Operations will be responsible for collateral management processes and controls as well as settlement of foreign exchange transactions. The ideal candidate will have developed his/her sense of priorities, be rigorous, and will be able to work efficiently under pressure. TCC offers a complex financial environment in which the candidate will be able to develop an in-depth understanding of the operational processes tied to the trade lifecycle.
The candidate will choose TCC because of its collaborative work environment, the sophistication and diversification of the financial products traded, the tight-knit relationship amongst the investment teams, and the competitiveness of its total compensation package.
- Manage daily collateral calls with our different counterparties and brokers;
- Confirm foreign exchange transactions (FX) with counterparties;
- Validate foreign exchange legal terms governed by ISDA agreements;
- Handle and communicate transactions (collateral and FX) to the custodian with respect to different cut-off times;
- Act proactively to ensure settlement of transactions (collateral and FX) in a timely manner by coordinating with the custodian and various counterparties.
- Ensure all transactions are properly reflected in the systems and perform end-of-day reconciliation to ensure system integrity;
- Investigate and correct any discrepancies between systems with the collaboration of senior team members;
- Support the traders by answering accurately and in a timely manner their requests.
Bachelor’s degree in finance, administration or relevant discipline
Experience in financial operations, an asset
A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel)
Knowledge of programming language such as VBA, SQL, Python, an asset
Bilingual (spoken/written) French and English, essential
Knowledge of various financial systems: Eagle Star, Bloomberg AIM, an asset
Genuine interest in both complex and simple financial products
Strong knowledge of listed financial product and borrow lending activities, an asset
Well-organized and ability to perform various tasks at once
Rigor, prudence and vigilance
Pro-active and strong sense of initiative
Ability to work efficiently under pressure
Autonomy, analytical skills and critical thinking
Strong learning capabilities, versatility and adaptability
Excellent skills in communication and teamwork
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
The position is based in downtown Montréal
**please note that with the actual situation with COVID-19, working from home is prioritized until further notice. ***