Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise IT Collaboration & Productivity, this role is key in the End User portfolio. With the pandemic, our airline is seeing many of our employees working from home and using cloud-based communication tools to collaborate and be productive. This has opened new channels of communication through digital events that need to be operationalized and supported.
- Deliver high-quality, white glove support to our employees. Day to day management of requests and escalations from employees within the business. Remote support for users working from home, resolving issues with home systems and personal devices, network equipment, service provider engagement.
- Responsible for supporting and driving the operationalization of Air Canada’s virtual event and meeting technologies: Microsoft Teams, WebEx, MediaPlatform, and others.
- Directly support virtual events that are held for our workforce by playing a producer role.
- Troubleshoot quality issues as they occur (including during live events) and afterwards by analyzing Call Quality Dashboards.
- Consolidate call quality issues into suggested solutions, whether that be an individual workstation configuration change or a larger change for the organization.
- Create training and "How to" documentation to empower our employees to host and produce their own virtual events through Air Canada’s toolsets.
- Work closely with our vendors (Microsoft, Cisco, etc) to learn about upcoming features and plan/integrate them if applicable.
- Act as first point of contact into IT organization.
- Promote use of self service and review service catalogue to reduce service cost & enhance user experience.
- Collaborate in conducting end user surveys and create action plans, as required.
- Manage Vendors that support End User and Service Desk support.
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts.
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals.
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business requirements.
- Support Planning and monitoring processes.
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions.
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes.
- Provide project or request specific financial inputs.
A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role.
3-5 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company.
Experience with Office 365 toolset an asset.
Can-do attitude, defaulting to "Yes, we will figure out a way." Maintain a solutions-oriented approach while dealing with issues under pressure. Speakers on virtual events are often senior leadership and call quality issues may arise mid-session.
Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism, especially while acting as producer on virtual events.
Strong understanding of security best practices and fundamentals.
Strong, professional written and oral communications with the confidence to interact with all levels of the organization.
Demonstrate high analytical skills, and moderate technical depth.
Adaptability and Flexibility - The ability to keep functioning effectively when under pressure and/or experiencing rapidly changing or uncertain conditions, and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation. Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things.
Accountability and Credibility - Takes responsibility for the results and future direction of the Events related scope. Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
Customer Orientation - Demonstrated concern for satisfying external and/or internal customers.
Results Orientation - Focus on desired results while setting challenging goals and meeting or exceeding them.
Analytical Thinking - Approaching a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Interpersonal Effectiveness - The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
Comfortable travelling locally.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment that highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.