Trans-Canada Capital (TCC), a subsidiary of Air Canada, is an investment management firm growing rapidly. TCC manages the assets of Air Canada’s pension plans and also offers its services to third-party institutional investors. The assets under management include traditional asset classes (bonds and stocks), alternative investments (derivatives, infrastructure, private equity and real estate) and portable alpha strategies (hedge funds and tactical asset allocation) worth over $22B in aggregate. The investment team of over 70 professionals is located in downtown Montreal.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill a new role within the Compliance Department of Trans-Canada Capital (TCC). Reporting to the CCO and ESG Leader, the Analyst – Compliance will be responsible to support the team in the implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures and to monitor the evolution of the internal control system.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and updating of policies and procedures
- Monitor the activities of the firm and the people acting on its behalf within the required deadlines and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Identify, maintain and document the controls related to the firm's regulatory compliance obligations (AML, KYC, etc.)
- Ensure the maintenance of the registrations of the firm and the representatives registered with the regulators and the National Registration Database (NRD)
- Complete regulatory & compliance reporting, annual UNPRI and TCFD reporting
- Support the compliance team in the execution of other tasks, projects and assignments, as needed.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (commerce, accounting, finance, management control, law, etc.) or an equivalent
Minimum two years of relevant experience
Experience in control, compliance, actuarial, governance, ESG and securities law (an asset)
Knowledge and Experiences
Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word)
Understanding of the regulatory framework and best practices of the asset management industry
Knowledge of internal controls
Knowledge of Governance, Risk and Compliance tools (Ethidex) an asset
Analytical skills, autonomy and critical thinking
Rigor, thoroughness, vigilance and accountability
Proactivity and sense of initiative
Great capacity for learning, versatility and adaptation to changes
Sense of organization and the ability to multitask
Communication and teamwork skills
The position is based in downtown Montreal
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.