Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
This candidate delivers the operational budget for functional areas, including safety, productivity, financial and labor planning, and operational goals for outbound, or inbound operations related to ecommerce. Responsible for providing medium to short term planning (3 days to 3 months out) including labor planning, volume forecasting, and peak season planning. The candidate also works with the Operations Delivery Managers to solicit ideas and understand problems and challenges in the facility and network. They establish objectives and metrics for safety, quality, productivity, customer experience and subsequently sets clear goals and expectations for Operations Delivery Managers. Finally, as part of this team you will drive continuous improvement projects to optimize operations and improve productivity to meet and exceed business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide the eCommerce production plan based on historical trends, business development forecasts, actual incoming volume and run rates; A plan must be outlined by day/week/month to determine facility processing rates and throughput to the Operations Service and Delivery Managers.
- Plan the utilization of resources to ensure an optimal mix of product is processed to minimize variances to P&L performance, maximize labour utilization and needs to determine the right headcount required and communicate it to Operations Service and Delivery Managers. This would be to determine the labour efficiency.
- Generate reports and provide detailed updates against plan as well as corrective action recommendations to ensure budget and metrics are met.
- Provide outbound shipments forecasts by downstream to the appropriate team members for scheduling final mile processing and delivery.
- Develop a system to identify process deviations and ensuring record keeping along with proper corrective actions to maintain safety, quality, and reliability across the ecommerce network.
- Establish and lead the implementation schedules for all process improvement initiatives and pilot runs for the Operations Enablement workstream.
- Lead system design, build, preparing and executing protocols/documents, testing and validation especially for process improvement and compliance for the network.
- Supporting project and engineering teams to ensure proper and economical implementation of new processes through all areas which service and support the network.
- Supporting Supply Chains to simplify and automate the process(es) and evaluate vendor contracts.
- Support the modeling and KPI reports on Labour Efficiency, Machine Efficiency (OEE), Material Efficiency (Yield) and other relevant metrics such as Cycle Time, Run Rate etc. with the Operations Engineering team.
- Measure post implementation metrics to ensure improvements are tangible and sustainable.
- Responsible for performing process measurements and analysis in support of proposed process improvements and to identify core issues (Pareto Chart, Process Flow Mapping, VSM).
- Develop detailed cost vs. benefits analysis for recommended solutions, present to stakeholders and implement as per approved plan.
- Lead Operations Excellence and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) activities in production for the eCommerce operations.
- Develop Information System based solutions to assist with monitoring and improving productivity and quality (i.e. MOS Tools, Shift Reports, KPIs).
- Responsible for the development of detailed cost vs. benefits analysis for new projects.
- Responsible for performing Scale-Up progress-tracking, presenting to stakeholders and implementing as per plan.
- Support process optimization and process re-engineering.
- Lead all operational functions with various continuous improvement projects as required for the Operations Enablement Stream.
- Develop operational excellence systems / tools to streamline processes and productivity for the Operations Enablement Stream.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
- Outstanding academic record including a bachelor's degree and or 5+ years of related work experience;
- Hands on experience using Lean Tools-Value Stream mapping, Waste Identification, Problem Solving (PDCA), Kaizen, implementing 5S;
- Requires understanding of the relationship between improvement activities and performance measures;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with people at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to successfully prioritize and support large projects, meet deadlines and tasks;
- Implementing supply chain strategic planning roadmaps for global organizations;
- Implementing business processes;
- Improving logistics, inventory management, transport, warehousing, distribution, delivery, and networks for large international organizations;
- Proficiency in MS Windows (i.e. Word, Excel, Power point, Access, etc.);
- Demonstrated experience with driving change and cost savings for global organizations;
- Ability to work different shifts including overnight;
- Some travel may be required.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a warehouse or fulfillment environment;
- 3+ years supervisory or process improvement experience.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.