Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Analyst, Fraud - Loyalty Program Compliance and is responsible for the prevention, detection and monitoring of fraudulent and non-compliant activities, mitigating the risk to the organization, taking appropriate corrective measures to address fraud, and performing ongoing data analysis to identify fraud patterns relating to Aeroplan assets and programs.
This position reports to Senior Fraud Manager – Loyalty Program Compliance
- Perform analysis on large data sets to identify fraud patterns and trends. Provide recommendations based on findings and take corrective action.
- Perform technical investigations to identify abuse and misuse of systems and processes
- Analyze, detect, and identify any control weaknesses in Air Canada’s systems and/or partner(s) systems
- Monitor and action potential Loyalty Program non-compliant behavior and/or fraudulent transactions requiring corrective actions in order to eliminate potential sources for fraud
- Manage operational risk controls in accordance with Aeroplan’s Terms and Conditions and Air Canada’s policies and procedures. Engage relevant stakeholders where required
- Enforce processes and policies to reduce potential abuses and recommend new corrective actions
- Conduct follow-up investigations on fraudulent events
- Conduct detailed external investigations, which spans across multiple systems and partner systems associated with alleged violations of applicable Loyalty Program regulations, terms and conditions, and policies and procedures
- Assist in identifying and implementing appropriate preventative control functions and report on doubtful events in order to reduce the risk of fraud and the associated costs
- Maintain a database of investigation data and trends. Analyze and determine appropriate future actions
- Participate in remediation actions in implementing fraud controls for specific process/system weaknesses in order to reduce the risk of fraud and related costs
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with loyalty partners and vendors
- Collaborate closely with Air Canada’s Credit card Fraud team and Loyalty vendors to identify and monitor fraud activities to improve Air Canada’s fraud detection capabilities
- Track Fraud incidences and case management activities Manage member and partner escalations and follow up with resolutions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience with data analysis problem resolution
- Solid degree of proficiency in Business intelligence tools and skills in Excel, Access, and
- Ability to learn quickly, handle a high volume of activity, and work in fast-paced environment
- Self motivated and able to take initiative and work independently
- Strong capabilities in analysis & problem resolution with a solid degree of technical proficiency.
- Some knowledge of Airline industry and loyalty programs experience is an asset
- Some Experience in fraud prevention or detection
- Understanding of overall IT processes
Strong organizational to maintain data and ongoing data
Due to the sensitivity of the cases, discretion and confidentiality are highly critical
Flexibility and willingness to work weekends, as required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.