Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The incumbent is responsible for translating from English to French.
The incumbent is highly proficient at translation, adaptation, and proofreading and can manage multiple projects at a time. They understand the importance of paying attention to detail and are extremely organized.
Provide translation service for often short and last-minute texts.
Effectively communicate and collaborate with the internal clients.
Generate multiple concepts when required.
Work on multiple projects at a time and manage multiple versions.
Provide quality control over projects to ensure consistency.
Advise internal clients on language usage for consistency, accuracy and respect of the Air Canada style.
Perform all other duties that may be required to meet the needs of the clientele and the Translation Services’ operational requirements.
- Undergraduate or graduate university degree in translation
- At least five years of experience in translation of a wide variety of texts at a translation company, in the public sector, or in a corporate setting
- Mastery of French spelling, style and grammar conventions, and a rich and varied vocabulary
- Extensive knowledge of terminological and documentary search methods and tools
- Extensive general culture, intellectual curiosity, analytical skills, critical thinking skills, and knowledge of the business world
- Strong customer service skills, team player and ability to work with employees at all levels of the company, as well as with external linguists
- Absolute discretion, judgment, tact, rigour, attention to detail, autonomy, ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Excellent management of priorities, ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of SDL Trados Studio an asset.
- Accreditation with a professional translation association, an asset
- Experience in the aviation industry, an asset
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.