Air Canada sponsors eight defined-benefit pension plans. The plans’ assets are managed by Air Canada’s investment subsidiary (Trans-Canada Capital) and are held in a diversified portfolio of traditional asset classes (bonds and stocks), alternative investments (derivatives, infrastructure, private equity and real estate) and portable alpha strategies (hedge funds and tactical asset allocation) worth over $20B. The assets are invested by internal and external managers. The investment team, made up of 70 professionals, is based in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Manager, Middle Office, the Analyst will focus primarily on the various processes and controls pertaining to modelling, reconciliation of (complex) financial derivatives, as well as their cash flow.
- Confirm derivative transactions (counterparties or via MarkitWire and DTCC platforms)
- Reflect derivative transactions in the accounting system (Eagle Star)
- Reconcile transactions with clearing brokers and counterparties
- Model and calculate payments on complex derivatives
- Review long-form derivative confirmations
- Produce various monitoring reports associated with derivatives management
- Manage derivatives database on daily basis
- Assess and reconcile OTC derivative valuation spreads
- Document new derivatives investments activities and/or new processes
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field, or the equivalent
- CFA, FRM or PRM certification, an asset
- Previous experience in the financial field, familiarity with derivatives and the repo market
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access)
- Knowledge of financial concepts and programming languages such as SQL and Python
- Understanding the market data collection processes
- Knowledge of accounting systems and order management systems (BBG AIM)
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, autonomy
- Rigorous , attention to detail, vigilance and accountability
- Proactivity and sense of initiative
- Marked ability to learn, versatility and adaptability
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent communicator and team player
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
This position will be based in downtown Montreal.