Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Director, Station Operations - YUL is accountable for the safe, effective leadership and overall management of our Montreal Hub. This challenging role requires a person with a strong commitment to safety, employee engagement and customer service excellence. The individual must possess a thorough knowledge of end to end airport operations processes and procedures. The individual within this role must be creative, have a passion for change and possess good communications skills as well as be able to work effectively with all levels of both internal and external organizations.
- Embrace and promote the Air Canada Flight Path.
- Develop and maintain a proactive safety and security culture for employees, customers, and company assets that effectively demonstrates the value “Safety First, Always”.
- Assume the leadership of the YUL Station, ensure compliance with IOSA, SMS and other applicable authorities including a strong partnership with Corporate Safety.
- Develop and lead the Station Safety Plan and ensures consistent, high performance and adherence to plan.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of the Station Emergency Response Plan (SERP).
- Ensure Safety and Security standards are adhered to, practiced consistently and monitored.
- Effectively lead the overall YUL Airports management team.
- Determine, approve, implement, and communicate the YUL Airport Operations strategies, detailed safety and business plans, policies, organizational structure, goals, responsibilities and metrics in support of a top-ten, global airport customer experience.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve service and operational problems, with a results-oriented approach to Safety, Security and Performance.
- Manage a large unionized workforce affiliated with UNIFOR and the IAM&AW.
- Maintain a professional and engaged relationship with Union Representatives and effectively manage labour relations at the station level.
- Counsel, develop and motivate his/her team of airport operations professionals through example and be accountable for all activities related to the YUL Hub.
- Act as a change facilitator for process and procedural improvement to achieve or exceed service and performance standards.
- Identify and implement solutions that support the continuous improvement and achievement of department, station, branch and corporate goals.
- Engage management and frontline employees to fully participate in process improvement exercises and encourage ongoing feedback.
- Accountable to ensure the required resources, equipment and facilities are in place to achieve established safety, customer experience and operational targets.
- Manage positive, effective working relationships with 3rd party vendors and agencies; including but not limited to; Regional Partners, Transport Canada, CBSA, USCBP, CATSA and local Police agencies.
- Develop and maintain a positive, effective, strategic business relationship with Aéroports de Montréal.
- Ensure the alignment of station goals with corporate goals and objectives.
- Communicate goals, objectives and expectations to all Air Canada employees.
- Ensure regular, ongoing communication between management and frontline staff and that frontline staff are kept up-to-date and knowledgeable of new products, performance (service and operational) issues and corporate/branch objectives.
- Accountable for the development and effective management of the station’s operational budget.
- Drive accountability for revenue enhancement and cost containment.
- Ensure that on-going self-audits are conducted. Where self-audit or regulatory audit activities have revealed vulnerabilities, ensure identification of root cause and implementation of corrective measures.
- Collaborate with branch and local Resource and Training teams so as to ensure achievement of all safety, regulatory and operational training goals.
- Ensure compliance with the Official Languages Act and applicable authorities.
- Recognize and acknowledge employees who consistently deliver service excellence.
- Build and maintain strong positive working relationships with employees and co-workers to ensure a productive and respectful work environment.
- Be recognized as a role model for leadership excellence.
- Be entrepreneurial. Act like it’s your own.
- Strong leadership, teamwork and negotiation skills - significant experience leading, motivating and coaching a large management and unionized workforce within a customer-oriented and fast-paced operational environment.
- Have a strong sense of courage to support the needs of the station, employees/customers and our safety culture.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement action plans to achieve objectives.
- Focused on continuous improvement, must be creative and an innovative thinker.
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation.
- Ability to think strategically, laterally and conceptually.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong networking skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create and achieve a vision.
- Strong working knowledge of budget preparation, administration and thorough understanding of P&L statements and standard accounting practices.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and achieve multiple objectives.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to support 24/7 operation – ability to work irregular hours.
- Airport Operational knowledge is essential including experience as an airport functional manager.
- Knowledge of Airports processes and procedures.is an asset.
- Familiar with applicable Health and Safety standards and regulatory requirements as related to airport/airline operations
- University degree an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.