Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position will report to the Regional Manager, Property Management.
- Manage Administrative Support staff and/or IAMAW Facility Maintenance employees on a daily basis.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure vendor effective communications, follow ups and collaboration. Provide feedback and recommendations to management to improve relations.
- Ensure vendor adherence to the facility maintenance and contract obligations (KPIs, SLAs and escalations) and be up to date with all operational aspects of Facility Management
- Plan, coordinate, schedule, implement and follow up on maintenance, operations and installation programs of all Facility Maintenance and personnel to meet production needs and targets as well as quality and safety standards.
- Do audits on repairs and maintenance done by IAMAW and vendors.
- Prevention planning based on security priorities and annual inspections
- Manage and coordinate all Utility Building activities (such a boiler, emergency generators, fire pumps, electrical units, etc.)
- Supervise, provide required information and monitor Facility Maintenance projects, as required, in collaboration with the vendors and CRE project management team.
- Provide guidance and supervise, in partnership with the main vendor, all third party contracts
- Conduct regular structured operational and maintenance team meetings
- Communicate with other team members, customers and the Union Leadership in order to resolve issues with tact, respect and a sense of urgency
- Work in collaboration with tenants (AC or others)
- Ensure all Health & Safety and environmental regulations and practices are promoted and followed within the Facility Maintenance Department.
- Review and approve material purchase orders and service contracts
- Evaluate and implement cost control measures for capital and operational plans management
- Liaise with department managers/supervisors, suppliers, inspectors and government agencies in order to provide efficiency and reliability in service needs
- Prepare / assist in the development of budgets for new capital and operational management projects in conjunctions with CRE Project Managers, Customers and the maintenance team
- Oversee plans and specifications are maintained on all current projects
- Keep records, by implementing and utilizing “CMMS”, for all equipments being maintained via periodic schedule, check sheet, work request and snag sheet
- Coordinate internal audits, such as Health & Safety, Air Canada Insurance Underwriters and Fire Protection
- Provide support to Air Canada Tenants at the Airport Terminal, as required
- Provide collaborative support to Air Canada Corporate Security as required.
- Provide Supervision and Management of the Execution of Maintenance and Repair Services
- Health and safety of AC employees and any visitor (vendors, etc.)
- 24 Hour Emergency Response & off shift Customer support
- Fire protection systems
- Main Power & Lighting (Primary and Secondary electrical systems)
- Emergency Power & Uninterruptible Power Supply systems
- EMS (Energy Management System)
- HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) including all exhaust fans
- Boilers / High Temperature Hot Water (325F) distribution, as applicable
- Compressed Air (test air & shop air) supply
- Domestic cold & hot water distribution
- Lift stations, Sanitary and Storm drainage systems & oil water separators
- Water treatment to closed loop systems
- Storage Tank systems
- Security systems (turnstiles, card readers, gates & cameras)
- Master clock system
- University degree or Technical Training in a related field with 5 years or more of relevant work experience in a unionized environment
- Must hold a valid Provincial Trades Qualification or Inter-Provincial Trade “Red Seal” Certification in a building systems related trade.
- Must be able to secure Federal Regulated Air Side Security Pass for the Local Airport
- Must hold a valid Provincial Driver’s License with the ability to secure an Airside Vehicle Operating License
- Ability to build relationships with internal customers, while maintaining ability to challenge requirements for expansion, relocation, or taking on new space, and ability to successfully drive cost reduction initiatives
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to be assertive while maintaining diplomacy and political awareness.
- Ability to formulate strategies and to put in place work plans to achieve results
- Ability to motivate, lead and facilitate a cross-functional work team to achieve objectives.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to shift priorities on an ad hoc basis and flexibility with working hours.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of and ability to operate building control and building automated systems; knowledge of use and operations of Building Automated System (BAS) systems an asset.
- Must have a strong knowledge of building electrical, mechanical, HVAC and building structural systems pertaining to a campus type environment.
- Experience in a purchasing organization, including tendering, bidding, negotiating and evaluating major product and /or service contracts an asset.
- Knowledge of leasing, real estate and/or contract negotiations an asset
- Airline experience an asset
- Occasional travel is required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.