Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the respective General Manager, Engine Maintenance, the ACM Manager, Vendor Support will be responsible for the successful, timely, and on-budget accomplishment of all engine work assigned to the respective maintenance repair and overhaul provider. He/She will also be responsible to ensure that MRO’s provide cost effective repairs while adhering to Air Canada’s quality standards for engine repairs.
- Act as the on-site contact between the MRO, the Engine Maintenance Manager and other ACM functions (including: engine maintenance planning, engineering, programs, finance, etc.) for the specific engine shop visit, and be responsible for driving MRO achievement of engine turn-around-time (TAT) and material savings targets while meeting quality and performance standards for respective engines assigned.
- Attend pre-induction and shop related meetings, and become familiar with the work package and contractual issues.
- Responsible for active daily follow-up of shop visit progress, and MRO performance targets. Identify and propose strategies to MRO/ACM to ensure timely and on-budget completion of engine repair.
- Perform daily and continual audits of the level of MRO performance, and provide feedback to the MRO and ACM, through KPIs. Ensure negative performance factors are corrected in a timely fashion, by liaising with the local MRO management team, and recovery plans are implemented as necessary
- Attend daily MRO meetings and ensure that both MRO and ACM are aware of any procedural, manpower, parts, tooling, and paperwork issues, etc.,
- On-site administration of the Air Canada/MRO contract in reference to the obligations of both parties
- Capturing and reporting realized cost savings stemming from parts use and other negotiations with MROs.
- Ensure all Air Canada owned materials are under proper custody and control of the MRO.
- Liaise with internal and external resources as required to facilitate the work-in-progress, and provide daily and routine reports to ACM Engine Maintenance management as required
- Ensure Air Canada’s standards regarding engine repairs are communicated and met by the MRO, and validate that engines general and specific materials used in the repair process meet these standards
- Review, reconcile and rectify invoicing discrepancies
- Coordinate with the Engine Maintenance Manager in adding or deleting tasks as required, or as necessary.
- Coordinate with the Air Canada Engineering and Airworthiness departments to ensure quality and build standards are adhered to
- Bring to the attention of the ACM Manager and the MRO any safety-related events/issues witnessed
- Any other duties as assigned by the ACM Engine Maintenance Manager, which are within the scope of the On-site Vendor Representative’s capabilities.
- Complete work schedule flexibility is critical in accomplishing the assigned responsibilities and is a requirement for this position.
- Act in a professional manner at all times
- A minimum 10 years of experience in commercial aircraft engine maintenance either in a shop or line environment.
- Familiar with a variety of the engine maintenance industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge with engine remanufacturing/repair processes.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills particularly for building relationships, resolving conflict, and fostering teamwork.
- Strong sense of initiative and creativity.
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and achievement of objectives while maintaining a positive and productive working relationship both within and outside the work group.
- Familiar with Transport Canada Aviation regulations and norms.
- Familiar and experienced with PC programs i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.
- Work schedule flexibility.
- Ability to travel outside of Canada and be on-site at engine MRO’s for extended periods.
- Holder of a current Canadian, US, or EU passport. No passport restrictions – ability to perform duties in any country.
- Holder of valid driver’s license.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.