Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This is a key position within the Revenue Management branch’s Science and Innovation team whose goal is to manage and calibrate the Origin-Destination forecasting and optimization system (PROS OD3) and provide key guidance for major commercial policy changes.
- Act as the resident expert & coordinate projects on diverse Revenue Management fields of knowledge.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of mathematical and statistical models (forecasting techniques, linear and dynamic optimization, etc.) used in revenue management systems.
- Be a key player in the assessment, selection, testing and implementation of new tools & system changes in support of Air Canada’s business model aiming to improve revenue optimization (choice model, demand elasticity estimation, demand segmentation, etc.).
- Participate in innovation projects, involving cooperation with partners from different departments and third parties.
- Calibrate reference tables and parameters governing the operation of the Revenue Management system.
- Develop and provide training on the sophisticated models governing various modules within the system, adapting the level of complexity to the audience.
- Act as a point of contact for the commercial teams in charge of geographical zones within our network (Canada, United States, Atlantic, Asia and South America/Caribbean’s).
- Analyze market trends and participate in weekly performance meetings.
- Investigate challenges and opportunities in terms of demand forecasting, fares, optimization or seat availability and provide appropriate recommendations to commercial teams (lead the implementation of those affecting large parts of the network).
- Monitor implemented actions on a regular basis.
- Oversee the quality of the inputs and outputs of our forecasting, optimization and availability systems.
- Validate the quality of the demand forecasting models and pricing optimization for each available seat on the network for all future dates, as determined by the Revenue Management system.
- Monitor demand forecast, decision fares and other key system outputs, identify global trends and deviations to calibrate in a pro-active manner.
- In collaboration with product distribution, control the quality of fare availability calculated by the optimization system through Air Canada’s various distribution channels (Web, reservation systems, etc.).
- Transform raw knowledge and data into models, insights and decisions.
- Manipulate large data sets, analyze them to draw relevant conclusions and communicate the information efficiently to support the commercial decision-making process.
- Conduct analyses on various network issues, relying on relevant data, combining analytical reasoning and commercial knowledge to highlight problems and their implications, then identify solutions.
- Build insightful reports and dashboards to support user workflows.
- Endorse responsibility coming with these tasks, given their scope and criticality within the branch, as well as the company.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at multiple levels of expertise and interest to gain buy-in (leadership, diplomacy, presentation and persuasion).
- Self-starter and ability to work under intense pressure, changing priorities and tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and able to work with technical teams and systematically document knowledge.
- Must be able to synthesize complex situations, identify possible solutions and present results in simple and understandable terms.
- Ability to translate business needs into detailed technical requirements for providers and developers.
- Required expertise with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Powerpoint).
- Technical skills to manipulate and analyze large datasets (expertise in SQL, MS access, VBA, PowerPivot, R, coding and debugging are considered definite assets) and transform them into clear business insights.
- Experience with “Origin-Destination” revenue management tools (PROS ODIII or equivalent), a definite asset.
- Revenue management, forecast, optimization & data modelling, in industry or academic environment, an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.