Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada currently sponsors various Defined Benefits (DB), Hybrid and Defined Contributions (DC) pension plans for its employees in Canada. For employees in the UK and US, where most foreign employees are located, Air Canada also sponsors DB and DC plans. Other employees worldwide participate in DC or DB plans, government plans or other various pension arrangements. The pension plans’ administration is currently outsourced with third-party providers except for some foreign employees.
Air Canada is looking for a Pension Analyst to join its pension team in downtown Montreal in a full-time permanent position.
- Handle the daily administration of all above-mentioned pension plans
- Day to day contact with service providers and AC departments (such as payroll, labor relation, benefits, estates, IT and Employee Care Team) to resolve complex individual cases: membership enrolment dates, leaves of absence, buybacks, service, retroactive contributions, pay adjustments, etc.
- Review annual pension statements, pension adjustments factors or individual calculations prepared by the service providers (DB plans)
- Prepare pension estimates for the budget (DC plans)
- Review different data monitors and ensure the data is corrected accordingly
- Monitor employee and employer contributions; calculate arrears if required
- Proceed with payback of contributions for employees on leave (DC plans)
- Proceed with government filings such as the Solvency Information Returns, Annual Information Returns, T737 RCA, Form 5550, Form 8955-SSA, etc.
- Proceed with the CIBC monitoring following actuarial valuation results
- Determine pension benefits and prepare retirement/termination statements for executives and foreign employees in the DB plans
- Prepare the annual pension statements for executives and foreign employees in the DB plans
- For the US and UK DB plans, provide the necessary information to the auditor firm for the annual audit (including membership reconciliation)
- For the UK DB plan, prepare and review the yearly indexation
- Coordinate mailing/distribution of pension communications
- Involved on special projects
- College’s and university’s degree in Actuarial Science, Administration, Finance or related field
- Experience in pension plans and/or benefits administration
- Strong knowledge of MS-Office software
- Ability to analyse, well organized, meticulous, good communication skills, autonomous
- Highly motivated, dynamic, creative and able to deal with all levels of management and employees
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.