Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, Station Operations, the Manager Customer Service is responsible for the management of employees and the overall coordination of activities to safely deliver the customer experience, while achieving operational and financial objectives. The incumbent will also be responsible for day to day and long term operations and safety compliance of Air Canada Express operations, ground handlers and external suppliers under responsibility.
- Ensures Safety, Security and Customer Service standards are observed, monitored and practiced consistently
- Acts as a role model for safety awareness in compliance with government and company safety standards, regulations and compliance with standards of IOSA, SMS and other applicable authorities.
- Responsible for operational safety, a satisfying work environment, improved quality of customer service and compliance to the Official Languages Act in the branch.
- Responsible for the day to day and long term management of operations at the respective station.
- Plans, organizes, and manages Customer Service functions. Anticipates, identifies, and resolves service and operational problems.
- Effectively liaises /cooperates with other departments or suppliers on an ongoing basis to meet service and operational requirements.
- Communicates with staff on a regular basis to keep them up-to-date and knowledgeable of new products, performance (service and operational) issues and branch objectives.
- Manages processes to encourage and obtain ongoing feedback from employees to identify concerns.
- Provides leadership to customer services, to ensure the implementation, maintenance and improvement of procedures and processes to achieve or exceed customer service level and perform standards.
- Guides the customer service team, counsels, develops and motivates his/her airport team, through example and is accountable for all activities related to customer services.
- Recognizes and acknowledges employees who consistently delivery services excellence.
- Documents and takes corrective action to address employee(s) poor performance according to accepted guidelines/procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a professional relationship with representative union(s)
- Solid operational background
- Strong knowledge of Air Canada Airports Operations products and services, competencies, strategies and policies and procedures
- Excellent communications skills
- Customer service oriented and a team player
- Ability to exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment
- Proven negotiation skills and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent problem solving skills; able to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Knowledge of the UNIFOR collective agreement, Transport Canada Regulations, IOSA standards, etc
- Extreme flexibility and availability to work long and irregular hours
- Demonstrated airport technical and operational knowledge
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.