Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager Operations, Baggage and Connections will be responsible for managing all facets of Baggage and Connection product for both above and below the wing operations at the Vancouver airport. The incumbent will also be responsible for identifying and implementing continuous improvements initiatives to the passenger and baggage connection process to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Meet and exceed operational customer service targets for Vancouver in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Implement process change and procedural improvement.
- Assist in reducing the number of passengers arriving without baggage at destinations served by Vancouver
- Maintain relationships with all stations within the Air Canada network and its regional partners to improve the connection and baggage experience system wide.
- Seek and communicate opportunities for cost control
- Liaise with Up-line Stations on an ongoing basis to ensure operational plans support the requirements of the Vancouver facility and operational environment as it undergoes frequent regular change.
- Liaise with Baggage Performance, Processes and Procedures, Airport Safety and Corporate Resources.
- Promote and ensure improved on-time departure performance for Vancouver
- Mitigate delays and assist in the improvement of OTP (On-Time Performance).
- Ensure overflow, off gate, irregular Operations and all other operational connection and baggage plans are developed communicated and managed effectively.
- Maintain relationships and work closely with the Vancouver Airport Authority
- Develop and implement station communication/bulletins to ensure Front Line Management and direct employees are aware of connection and baggage context and specific technical requirements.
- Participate in ongoing employee communication sessions and town halls.
- Establish clear performance expectations and accountability for his team.
- Assist in exercising risk-management to areas where cost can be controlled.
- Foster and maintain relationships with IAM representatives and leadership.
- Identify and recommend enhancements and changes to process and procedures to better support the operation while providing internal and external customer service standards.
- Ensure safety standards are consistently maintained.
- Enforce S.O.P compliance
- Help ensure that corporate PAWOB goals/targets are achieved and exceeded.
- Liaise with Third Party Agencies and Contract Carriers on a regular basis
- Help ensure that priority baggage delivery standards are met.
- Monitor all aspects of baggage handling compliance (BDO, Re-flight, BRS, RL/FS changes).
- Mapping/planning in coordination with VAA on carousel and lateral assignment.
- Be the liaison between Hub service Delivery & Corporate Resources
- Design, develop, implement & communicate staffing plans
- Review staffing levels & daily manpower requirements
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Strong leadership and negotiation skills
Excellent problem solving skills
Ability to work long and irregular hours
Strong commitment to teamwork
Must be able to multi-task and adhere to strict dead-lines
Must demonstrate solid operational background
Good conflict resolution skills
Good understanding of the CAW and IAMAW collective agreement and local union policies
Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.