Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Account Manager, Financial Institution Partnerships will be the primary day-to-day contact for one of Aeroplan’s key Co-Brand Partner portfolios. The Account Manager will manage the client relationship, be responsible for the day to day operations of the account, delivery of initiatives, and support strategic growth for the business.
Overall responsibility is to ensure partner and member needs are satisfied while maintaining profitability and flawless execution on all program deliverables. Highlights of responsibilities include:
- Maintain strong partner relationship as their key day-to-day contact
- Work in close collaboration with the Manager and Senior Manager to strategize and develop, detailed plans for the partnership
- Work with Aeroplan Partner Marketing teams to execute all marketing plans and ensure that all projects goals and objectives adhere to time & budget
- Manage partner expectations to meet all project objectives and deliverables; work within the partners’ timelines; ensure ROI targets are set and analysis is completed for all projects
- Work with Senior Manager on specific account initiatives to ensure alignment to strategy and respective timelines
- Resolve partner and customer service issues in a timely and effective manner; work with the Partner and Aeroplan/Air Canada Customer Service and Operations groups
- Understand the operational elements of campaign execution within Aeroplan and the Partner’s business; liaise with internal and external functional groups in developing program design, program specifications, program assumptions and critical paths, as required
- Provide industry expertise and insight both internally and to the Partner, via demonstration of financial sector insight and in-depth understanding of the Partner’s business, competitive environment and emerging trends (e.g. mobile wallet and digital loyalty)
- Prepare briefing documents on a project by project basis
- Assist in preparation and presentation of proposals
- Drive revenue targets for the business
- Demonstrate ownership and understanding of the financials (P&L) – including monthly and quarterly reporting and forecasting
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Work with the analytics team, leadership and partners to develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, create offers and campaigns to support KPIs
- Gain a solid understanding of the program
- Stay current with the loyalty and travel landscapes, including keeping up-to-date on competitive offerings
- Recommend pro-active enhancements & solutions to drive cross sell and up sell opportunities
- Present marketing strategies, concepts and budgets to the partner for approval
- Assist in development of partner’s marketing plan supporting both business and program strategies and objectives
- Analyze challenges and opportunities with a view to impacts on the business and our global network
- Post-secondary education degree required in business, marketing or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of account management experience
- Proven track record in attaining/exceeding goals
- Account management and/or sales experience
- Financial acumen with strong financial reporting, Excel and Thinkcell skills
- Demonstrated effective communication skills that include internal communication of client opportunities, issues, escalations and external communication
- Experience within Financial Services (Credit Cards) / Travel preferred
- Comfort with the Microsoft office suite (Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Word etc.)
- Familiarity with navigating legal contracts and working with counsels a definite asset
- Leadership skills coupled with self-motivation
- Ability to build relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Project management skills
- Ability to build consensus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills and mindset
- Business/marketing acumen
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Requires minimal supervision and direction
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Ability to construct effective presentations
- Flexible and adaptable to continually changing priorities.
- Nimble and adept in managing multi-faceted projects and deliverables
- Experience in loyalty marketing / credit cards is an asset
- Must have tremendous client focus and a passion for relationship management
- Fluency in English is a requirement with French being an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.