Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Technical Specialist - Integration Platforms is responsible for the support, process automation and continuous improvement of software delivery within Air Canada’s Enterprise Integration practice. The incumbent will play a key role within the team acting as the leading technical expert across Air Canada’s suite of integration products, with a focus of driving a high quality and effective automated software deployment strategy in support of a sophisticated DevOps service.
This role reports to the Manager, Application Development & Maintenance
- Automate the build and release of multiple projects by implementing automation tools and frameworks
- Implement, support and continuously improve the tools that make development cycle quicker, safer and more secure: code repository, automations, backlog management tool, DevSecOps tools, etc.
- Responsible for the global operational performance of the software delivery lifecycle for the department
- Maintain code branches along with integrations of code across multiple branches.
- Configure complex installations and quickly resolve all defects or script issues found within the installation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Maintain and update technical documents and procedures related to the developer tools and automations
- Develop technical expertise across multiple integration platforms: infrastructure, connectivity, troubleshooting, administration, etc.
- Contribute to the day to day effort of administrating users of the integration platforms and surrounding tools
- Provide adhoc operational support under unplanned circumstances (major incident)
- Develop reporting automations, dashboards and alerts
- Develop Operational Runbook with Procedures for the Operations team that describe step by step how to deliver certain operations on the platform
- Define and enforce technical standards for quality, maintainability, scalability, availability, and security
- Undertake technical feasibility assessments of proposed solutions based on current technology constraints
- Provide technology and services ownership direction on all matters related to this area to associated functional leads and peers
- Create diagrams, user flows and process flows to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 9-12 years of overall IT technology experience, with 4 years minimum of experience in a similar role
- Experience in developing and enhancing a CI/CD toolchain (Bitbucket Pipelines)
- Strong experience in python and bash scripting
- Proven expertise with Maven, Git and Jenkins
- Experience with secrets management (Hashicorp Vault, Amazon KMS etc.)
- Experience in managing Build Artifactory Servers (Jfog, Nexus etc.)
- Experience with Monitoring and Alerting Tools (Dynatrace, Prometheus and Grafana)
- Experience in providing technical support for mission-critical systems
- Knowledge of API-related formats (XML, JSON), protocols (SOAP, REST, HTTP action verbs) and patterns (authentication)
- Ability to understand and affect decisions strategically for the interest of Air Canada
- Pro-active and capable of autonomous work
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions
- Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team and to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with all levels of the organization
- Capable of solving complex problems by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach, and of producing high-quality work within the established deadlines
- Assets: experience with the Atlassian Tool Set; with the MuleSoft CloudHub platform; with PaaS (Cloud foundry, Elastic Beanstalk, Heroku, Openshift etc.); in containerization ecosystem (Docker or Kubernetes); with AWS or Azure; with setting up the log management ecosystems (ELK stack); as well as experience in the airline industry
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.