Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, Payrolls, the Manager, Payroll & Pension Accounting is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of appropriate accounting controls related to reconciling and reporting of all Payroll related gross earnings, pensions and various payroll deductions and disbursements, including statutory remittances. This includes the accounting and financial reporting aspects associated with the salary, wage and benefits expense and all employee programs.
- Lead a team of 10 employees involved in a variety of Payroll & Pension Accounting functions.
- Responsible for managing the journalization process of gross payroll and deduction amounts into the Company’s accounts and for controlling all Payroll journal entries.
- Responsible for maintaining the accounts payable and accounts receivable payroll ledgers.
- Establish controls and monitor the Payroll activity in support of financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for all payroll related accounts including all accruals, net pay accounts and various employee programs for both Canada, US, and all foreign locations.
- Responsible for the remittances of all payroll deductions and disbursements, including statutory deductions and employer pension contributions.
- Review and approve all disbursements to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the payment along with the preparation and delivery of the payment request.
- Ongoing audit and review of processes to ensure the accuracy, completeness and compliance with legislation and company policies.
- Provide data to support the needs of the corporation for timely and meaningful information from the financial records.
- Participate in all audits related to Payroll data, both internal and external, as they relate to the Company financial statements and the financial statements of each of the Pension funds.
- Monitor and coordinate the use of Payroll resources for the design, development and implementation of new and revised procedures or systems.
- Review industry trends and provide guidance on changing process or technological advances as they affect the Payroll function.
- Post-secondary education in a recognized accounting program and/or demonstrated experience on the application of accounting principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team / project framework while recognizing the importance of being self directed.
- Excellent inter-personal skills along with demonstrated experience Managing people.
- Excellent presentation, both verbal and written, skills - the ability to present complex issues and processes in a simple, meaningful way.
- Excellent PC skills. PeopleSoft Finance, Peoplesoft HR, and Workday experience will be considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates who hold a PCP or CPM designation through the Canadian Payroll Association.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.