Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Laboratory Technician performs necessary functions to help run the medical clinic successfully. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the professional staff to assist with routine pilot medicals, tank entry medicals in addition to, hiring medicals for pilots, flight attendants station attendants and mechanics. The responsibilities will include medical and clerical duties.
- Eye Examination, Height & Weight, Audio testing, Urinalysis/ Drug screen
- ECG, PFT, Tympanogram-Screen, Blood Sugar & Hemoglobin Test, Blood work
- Accurately performs various blood and urine specimen collection procedures adhering to safety standards and protocols
- Ensure the well-being of patients while performing blood collection with minimum discomfort
- Processes and monitors specimen’s status.
- Capable of understanding medical data/instructions for executing specimen collection procedures properly including drawing Blood, printing daily blood work results, distributing Blood work to Doctors for review, preparing and mailing all blood work to pilots once doctor has made his comments.
- Ordering all supplies for Medical Kits when supplies arrive ,check supplies against the bill for accuracy
- Making sure all supplies/drugs expiry dates are within 6months or greater
- Replenish kits , clean and maintain
- Completing Med Kits for pick-up, communicate with Maintenance department regarding the medical kits and arrange for pick up and drop off.
- Responsible for vaccination fridge log (Temperature)
- General supply ordering for lab, doctors, nurses, conducting supply inventory
- Coordinating with managers for employees to be seen at the clinic for random drug testing. Conducting drug/alcohol urine and breathalyzer testing on employees following protocols.
- Ensure all results are reviewed and logged once received
- Adding new employees to system once we receive an MOS
- Communicate results with nurses
- Ensure the proper disposal of all Sharps
- Coordinating and scheduling pick-up
- Prepare for pick-up
- Stocking rooms on a daily basis
- Making sure all rooms are kept clean
- Able to provide administrative and clerical duties when needed. Assist with busy times, vacation and illness of administrative staff
- Answering phones when needed, data entry, distribution of reports to doctors
- Filing, pulling pilot charts a month prior to medical to prepare and let them know is fasting is required for blood work., assisting nurses with faxing , matching medical information to files and pulling files
- Certified Medical Laboratory Technician
- High school graduate
- Minimum 2 years laboratory technician experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Independent, task driven and able to meet deadlines in a fast paced setting
- Must be able to work in a high demand environment
- Ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and work as a team player in a collaborative working environment
- Exceptional communication skills with fluency in English
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.