Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager of Pilot Qualification, the Flight Operations Instructor will be responsible for full Flight Simulator Instruction, ground school instruction and in addition, classroom/integrated procedures training instruction.
- Conduct flight simulator training as assigned and in accordance with CARs and Air Canada/Air Canada Rouge course outlines.
- Teach Ground School subjects as outlined in the approved course outlines as assigned.
- Ensure briefings and debriefings are conducted using student-centered techniques.
- Manage assigned students training within the syllabus and the schedule.
- Maintain accurate training records of assigned students.
- Follow Advanced Qualification Program (AQP) policy regarding identification and management of performance deficiencies of the students.
- Maintain superior knowledge on all procedures and regulations.
- Ensure the Manager of Pilot Qualification and Training Manager are aware of students that are underperforming or marginal and providing recommendations for remedial training.
- Perform supervisory duties as assigned.
- Holds, or have held, Air Transport Pilot License (ATPL)
- University or college diploma in relatable field an asset.
- Maintain instructor qualifications in accordance with AQP.
- Knowledge of Adult Learning principles
- Ability to create an atmosphere where students feel comfortable and are successful in learning the course material.
- Superior communication skills and the ability to modify training approaches to meet the student’s needs.
- Flight Instructor Experience or other forms of teaching experience, especially to adult students.
- Experience with IPT (Integrated Procedures Trainer) and FFS (Full Flight Simulator) and VSIM (Virtual Simulator) is an asset
- Highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 training operation
- Willingness and ability to travel when required.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.