Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Business Partnership Team interfaces with Air Canada business groups to identify and prioritize business requirements for IT. It aligns and translates business needs to technology requirements. The successful incumbent will play a key role in shaping the future of technology in the Contact Centre space and setting the path forward for the end users.
This position will be reporting to the Director, Contact Centre and Customer Care IT.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units (Call Centre), IT, and external vendors
- Align business priorities with IT service delivery
- Create successful relationships with business and being trusted advisors on issues and aspects related to IT
- Achieve customer satisfaction with IT services related to the assigned business application portfolio
- Analyze projects and portfolios proposed by business units, and develop and implement a sound rationale for portfolio management
- Possess a broad knowledge of technical and business resources with the organization and use them to effectively coordinate team members and external resources
- Perform business analysis, and develop business plans and recommendations as required
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to proactively identify and evaluate risks associated with business decisions
- Participate in short-and long-term strategic planning sessions with the IT organization, business units and external vendors to improve business processes and procedures
- Collaborate with Digital & Technology and Delivery & Operations teams to ensure development of solutions that are compatible with company standards
- Work collaboratively with service managers to develop clear and concise communications with respects to incidents, problems, and change management as needed
- Work closely with Contact Centre stakeholders to collect and use information for improved operational performance
- Reviewing and analyzing data from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business requirements
- Participate on agile teams
- Support in creating business cases
- Support Planning and monitoring processes
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 3-5 years of IT technology, operations and people leadership experience in a large company
- 3-5 years of Contact Centre operational experience
- Certifications in business analytics, PMI-PBA (Professional in Business Analysis), CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to different and new ways of doing things
- Takes responsibility for the results and actively participates in the future direction of the organization
- Demonstrates concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers
- Focuses on the accomplishment of the team’s and unit’s work; sets challenging goals and meets or exceeds goals
- Approaches a problem by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
- Ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.