Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Vice President, Product, the Senior Catering Operations Manager is responsible for Air Canada’s full Catering Operations portfolio from a Commercial and Operations perspective which includes providing leadership, direction and overall accountability for Catering Operations. In addition to this, he/she will be accountable for the oversight of all Operations portfolios across the entire Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge & Air Canada Express / Regional network as well as the budget.
This scope includes system-wide catering operations at 80+ stations including 3rd party caterers at 80+ destinations: Mainline, Sky Regional, Rouge, AC Express, Adhoc charters and Jetz. and management of all caterers system-wide. This position is responsible for all global station start-ups and shut-downs, seasonal station operations, and the successful launch of new aircraft, new specifications, products and services under the catering operations environment.
This position may be located in Montreal or Toronto.
- Directs and leads a global team of 10+ in the implementation and management of infrastructure and processes that support and measure 80+ caterers worldwide (KPIs, performance; budget and service delivery; adherence to safety protocols, etc.) ensuring a consistent and aligned strategy across the system.
- Responsible to introduce as well as accompany multi-branch strategic initiatives and plans with SOC/STOC/Airports/3rd party contractors to evolve and improve operational efficiencies and costs.
- Accountable to establish and evolve KPI metrics and contractual operational SLAs
- Responsible to ensure Regulatory Safety Policies are compliant and strategic operational metrics and audits adhered to. Additionally, to lead necessary changes for this area of responsibility working in conjunction with Corporate Safety.
- Responsible for reviewing caterer performance with local catering General Managers as well as Global Account Managers. Responsible to initiate contractual penalties for sub-par services not in line with contractual agreements.
- Provide direction and targets to the team to establish on a plan to gather feedback on all Catering related items from all internal (such as Cabin crew, Catering Operations, Yammer) and external sources (such as Caterers and Customers) and make adjustments to Catering processes and procedures as necessary.
- Oversee the implementation of all new Catering related products.
- Establish strategy for contract tender negotiation.
- Collaborate with Strategic Procurement on the negotiation of contracts for In-Flight Catering vendors to ensure optimal financial and operational results
- Ensure the team follows IRAM (Intuitive Risk Assessment Model) for change or introduction of processes and procedures, and when conducting all investigations
- Benchmarks within/outside the industry and reviews market trends for Catering operations.
- Provide direction to optimize Catering related IT components and identify opportunities to further automate and improve Catering related business processes (such as but not limited to Meal Pre-ordering projects)
- Provide direction to Catering Operations and our 3rd party suppliers to develop KPI metrics and ongoing audit processes to ensure our product standards are delivered as per specifications.
- Manage, coach, develop the performance of the entire Catering Operations team.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration - Strategic Planning and/or Economics; Master’s degree is an asset.
- SMS (Safety Management System) knowledge an asset.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in food/culinary field or In-Flight Service Catering & Logistics, or the equivalent.
- Superior leadership qualities to coach, mentor, develop and drive a global team
- Solid experience in supplier, vendor or partner relationship management
- Requires in depth expertise or in-depth knowledge of the field of work, technical/professional discipline such as procedures, equipment, technology, principles, theories, and/or ideas in the department.
- Requires sound knowledge of commercial airline business. Must have experience in managing large-scale budget and complex cross-functional projects.
- Requires a broad scope of skills and expertise from several functions in the branch field/profession/discipline to propose and implement multiple types of solutions to complex issues.
- Requires a broad knowledge of the business/industry to propose and to implement multiple types of solutions to complex issues.
- Highly strategic/critical impact to the business.
- Requires strong analytical skills for budget analysis and tender evaluations.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.