Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Application Development and Maintenance team develops, delivers and maintains applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications.
The Senior Analyst, Application Development and Maintenance - Cargo will be reporting to the Manager, Application Development and Maintenance.
This position may be located in Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver.
- Handle software applications development, testing and implementation of projects
- Automate the build and release of multiple projects
- Maintain code branches and handle integrations of code across multiple branches
- Troubleshoot and fix compilation or script issues in various projects
- Configure complex installations and quickly resolve all defects found within the installation
- Support Project Management through planning, monitoring & delivery phases
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Apply effective coding practices for error-free timely release
- Maintain and update technical documents and procedures
- Configuration and design of database models relative the requirements of the organisation
- Maintain data standard and security measures through the implementation of information technology plans, policies, and standards
- Evaluate existing and/or new applications on their UI (User Interface) and UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Troubleshoot and fix issues in various projects or platform configurations
- Work closely with a relevant stakeholders to collect and use information for improved operational performance
- Review and analyze data from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating analysis results and making recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Analyze technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of business goals
- Conduct requirement and systems analysis and translate business requirements
- Participate on agile teams
- Support Planning, monitoring processes and in creating business cases
- Provide management with economic impact and compliance issues surrounding key business decisions
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve business/technical processes
- Support application health and stability and project management through planning, monitoring and delivery phases
- Perform system monitoring and analysis and provide support and guidance in troubleshooting and resolving incidents or delivering services request
- Support ensuing a secure and reliable application platform environment developing system access controls, monitoring; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; ensuring back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification, and/or relevant experience commensurate to the role
- 6-8 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company
- Certifications in core programming languages, agile methodologies (CSPO, PMI-ACP, etc.)
- ITIL 4 a great asset
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) framework
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Strong knowledge expertise with Operational Cargo systems an asset (ie. WebLynx, iLynx, Vmail, W&B etc…)
- Approaches a problem by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
- Takes responsibility for the results and actively participates in the future direction of the organization
- Demonstrates concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in rapidly changing environments or uncertain conditions, and to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation
- Demonstrates openness and willingness to adapt to different and new ways of doing things
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.