Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This entry level Management role supports the General Manager – Operations LHR and the Duty Managers in all areas of Departmental administration. The ideal candidate will be a team player with meticulous work standards, possess project management skills, be able to multitask and have exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Support the Air Canada International Operations team in all aspects of Department administration related to all Airport Operations functionality i.e. invoice processing, time recording, employee/company correspondence and communication etc.
- Review and process invoices in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring that incorrectly charged invoices are queried and amended to maintain focus on Company costs
- Liaise with HR, Finance, Accounts and Airport Administration on day to day issues
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as Heathrow Airport Limited (HAL) on Operational administrative issues
- Process all temporary HAL airside pass applications
- Prepare and compile spreadsheet data for GM – Operations LHR
- Provide financial overview and control of local budgets in the region
- Prepare and compile information for Department annual financial budget
- Manage all correspondence, both internally and externally and respond as required
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, graphs, reports as required for the International Operations branch
- Other duties as assigned by the GM – Operations LHR
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus in Aviation Studies an asset
- Airline operational experience preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to constantly changing operational situations, make decisions and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills within a team environment
- Results oriented with a positive, creative approach to achieving objectives
- Excellent telephone manner is essential
- Previous experience in processing financial budgets is essential
- Competent in Microsoft Office with particular strength within Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Must be able to deal with confidential and sensitive material/information in an appropriate manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competent in SAP and/or Amadeus is desirable
- Priority will be given to candidates completely fluent in English and French is an asset
- Must have the ability to work in the UK without restriction
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.