Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Cargo Reservation Unit is the main point of contact for all Customer enquiries – both Internal and External for Air Canada Cargo within the UK. The Department works closely with Cargo Sales and Capacity Control at Headquarters to generate revenue at every opportunity, increasingly looking for business opportunities for Cargo transiting Canada and beyond on our ever-expanding network.
- Action all Customer enquiries by any means from External and Internal Customers, at all times looking to create revenue opportunities whilst providing excellent Customer Service
- Timely input of data to WebLynx and other PC based applications to exacting standards for Export functions
- Work closely with Cargo Sales to develop Cargo opportunities, carefully planning the best utilisation of our Cargo capacity and route availability for all Cargo products
- Gain Commercial and Operational Knowledge of all Air Canada Cargo products and solutions to ensure we meet our Customers’ expectations
- Upsell and maximise Cargo revenue on Air Canada flights
- Liaise with all GSAs and GHAs to maximise revenue
- General duties as assigned relative to Air Canada Operations
- Maintain HAL Airside ID pass as required
- Ensure compliance with ACU online training
- Must have the ability to work in the United Kingdom without restriction
- Previous Cargo experience an advantage
- Good computer skills with a high level of accuracy, Microsoft Office experience an advantage
- Good verbal and written skills
- Must be a team player and represent Air Canada in a professional manner
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative, with a flexible attitude and willingness to make decisions for the benefit of both Air Canada Cargo and our Customers
- Ability to work under pressure, plan workload and meet deadlines
- Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard
- Ability to access the AC Aeronet and independently research the Air Canada publications to determine Company procedures and processes
- Required to wear PPE in designated high-risk areas
- Experience of Weblynx, ABS, ETS
- DfT Security trained
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.