Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to Manager, Market Planning and Strategy, the Manager, JV & Alliance Sales Strategy has the overall responsibility to coordinate Worldwide Alliance Sales Strategies, joint initiatives, and Joint Ventures projects with partner carriers through various sales channels on behalf of the Global Sales Branch.
- Design, develop and implement JV and Alliance-related sales strategies and projects to maximize the value of AC’s customer programs within the JVs/alliances and generate incremental revenue share across all sales channels;
- Lead the JV & Alliance Sales team, manage and provide strategic direction to team members in executing JV / alliance sales targets within his/her assigned portfolio
- Manage the relationship with multiple airline partners in the development of joint strategic sales plans to ensure successful JV revenue performance;
- Liaise with internal branches, such as Global Sales, Revenue Management, Customer Experience, Ancillaries and Alliance departments in order to communicate Canada and USA Sales revenue focus priorities;
- Support Joint Ventures’ strategic direction and sales priorities for current and future JVs, including implementation and project management of all JV projects, to ensure incremental revenue opportunities are achieved;
- Negotiate and represent AC’s interest in JV / alliance settings; develop resolutions, influence and recommend solutions to senior sales management team
- Responsible for the delivery and communication of AC and Star Alliance sales programs;
- Provide guidance on all Alliance sales opportunities and issues to ensure a future strategic direction;
- Lead the JV and alliance partner sales communication efforts to ensure common understanding and direction;
- Liaise between the Sales and Alliance departments in order to communicate Global Sales priorities;
- Support the A++ Sales projects and other JV projects and Sales team to deliver Sales programs, strategies and processes;
- Represent AC on JV sales committees and Star Alliance
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (economics, marketing, etc.) and/or 10 years’ experience in the airline industry;
- Strong understanding of each sales channel, markets, and their complexities;
- Exceptional negotiation skills;
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Strong business acumen;
- Results oriented with a heightened attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication skills
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.