Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Due to the growth of the Company, this role is required to support Finance and Admin Supervisor. The primary responsibility is managing incoming invoices, coding to the right ledgers and DEPT ID, assisting with preparation for month end, GST AU/NZ, budgets, GL reconciliation, and general administrative tasks.
The Lead Finance and Accounts Coordinator will remain professional, courteous and helpful at all times. The successful candidate will require a good understanding of the dynamics of the travel industry and offer highest level of support and service.
- Coordinate the processing and coding invoices for SYD, MEL, BNE and AKL Airports
- Reviewing Accounts reconciliation statements from suppliers
- Assisting and reconciling GL accounts on monthly basis
- Assisting with the Month End procedures
- Processing manual payment when necessary
- Support and Coordinate the preparation for GST claims for Australia and New Zealand
- Assist and Support with budgets preparation for Australia and New Zealand
- Assist and Support with the preparation for Fringe Benefit Tax Return
- Provide Finance and Accounting support to commercial and operations team
- Monitor compliance of company controls and accounting guidelines
: ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED ABOVE PLUS ANY OTHER RELATED TASKS AS ASSIGNED BY THE EMPLOYEE’S SUPERIOR.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Bachelor in Finance, Accounting and or Business
- Previous travel industry or airline experience in a Finance and Accounting role or similar would be an asset
- Efficient computer literacy and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills with self-discipline of producing at a high-level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A team player and willing to work flexible hours when required
- Strong work ethic required and a positive can-do attitude
- Must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.