Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Cabin Service Leads to join our Cabin Environment Quality Team at Vancouver Airport.
Whether providing an aircraft cabin with equipment and cabin servicing supplies or cleaning the interior of an aircraft, our Cabin Service and Cleaning Attendants play an important role in ensuring that our aircraft are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
The Cabin Service Lead is responsible to plan his/her work assignment and delegate the crew to the appropriate job functions, and to ensure the work is performed in a safe and timely manner.
- Manages their crew and delegates the assigned work.
- Ensures that the crew works safely and does not put other crew members or employees at risk.
- Completes the vehicle check sheet at the start of the shift and reports any discrepancies to the Customer Service Manager.
- Communicates with the Resource Deployment Manager (RDM) throughout the shift for any updates required for their work using a PDA and Radio or bridge telephone.
- Inspects all aircraft when grooming is complete to ensure all work is completed and supplies restocked according to the current specifications. Pre-audit sheets are required to be completed and turned in at the end of each shift
- Complete a Security Log Sheet for all security sweeps completed during shift. This Log Sheet must be turned in at the end of every shift.
- Reports on all delays caused by the CSCA team
- Ensure crew returns vehicle and equipment such as vacuums fully cleaned and fueled at the end of the shift
- Assign crew to supply room tasks and participate in supply room prep work when all assigned tasks have been completed.
- Drive hi-lift when required.
- Drive and attach stairs when required.
- Tow and hook up Ground power units when required
- Open & Close aircraft doors as required.
- Attach and operate conditioned air units as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
This is a permanent full-time position. The current salary is $23.35 hourly as per the Air Canada / IAMAW collective agreement. In addition, Air Canada offers a wide range of benefits to its employees, including medical insurance, travel privileges, and a profit sharing plan.
- Team player.
- Minimum 3 years Aircraft Cabin Cleaning experience.
- Previous Lead Cabin Service Cleaning Attendant or supervisory experience in an airport aircraft cleaning department a definite asset.
- Must have strong leadership qualities & communication skills to delegate & carry out time critical decisions.
- Available for shift work - early mornings, evenings, midnights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift heavy objects.
- Capacity to work within strict timelines to maintain on-time departures while ensuring Safety First at all times.
- Preference will be given to candidates who currently possess a valid Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC and/or Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP).
- Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada
- Candidates must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Candidates must obtain and maintain a valid AVOP.
- Candidates must also pass security clearance and obtain and further maintain the Transport Canada Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC). To obtain this security clearance you must undergo a thorough criminal background search, please see Transport Canada website for additional details.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.