Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Operations Specialist is responsible to analyze all relevant facts gathered and assign controllability to the arrival delay based on legal regime that applies for the entire Air Canada network. The incumbent will investigate the arrival delay and provide the supporting documentation to help resolve customer claims and proactively minimize potential liability to Air Canada.
- Analyse all relevant facts gathered, including the applicable legal regime and assign controllability factor to the delay
- Gather, save and file results of analysis of what other rerouting options may have been available, to demonstrate sufficiency of rerouting obligations chosen at time of disruption;
- Gather, save and file all information pertaining to whether communication and standards of treatment were provided, if failures were identified
- Investigate and assign root cause of arrival delays and tarmac delays at a flight level for all AC Carriers
- Prepare tarmac delay reports for Legal review, including all findings on whether obligations were met, including all supporting evidence;
- For tarmac delays, determine whether service delivery obligations and disembarkation obligations were met. If obligations were not met, investigate why (coordinating with various departments and third parties that may have been involved, as above)
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders, including but not limited to Legal and Customer Relations to provide all relevant information pertaining to cases that become litigated, along with results of investigation on fact gathering.
- During fact gathering, determine whether communication, standards of treatment and rerouting obligations were met; If obligations were not met, investigate why (coordinating with various departments and third parties that may have been involved, as above)
- Coordinate with Customer Care, providing decision on controllability for compensation purposes, findings on whether other obligations were met, and steps taken to mitigate, if relevant.
- Sign affidavit including reason for delay or cancellation and length of delay in case needed in court proceedings or coordinate with most appropriate person for affidavit signing (pilot/Flight Ops; airport; dispatch; etc.);
- Maintain competency with Operational systems including but not limited to:
- Netline Ops, Netline Crew, TRAX, WSI Fusion, LIDO, Flight Briefer, Communicator, SmartLoad, SmartSuite and Aircom
- Gather, save and file all external documentation supporting assessment that delay or cancellation is outside control (airport authority communications, NavCan, Customs, etc.);
- Provide feedback on operational improvement opportunities
- Provide feedback to support improvements on Process Improvement Playbook content
- Align delay comments with additional information supporting root cause
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus in Aviation Studies an asset
- Airline operational experience
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to constantly changing operational situations, make decisions and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems currently in use, e.g. Netline Ops, Netline Crew, TRAX, WSI Fusion, LIDO, Flight Briefer, Communicator, SmartLoad, SmartSuite and Aircom
- Proven problem-solving skills within a team environment
- Ability to distinguish the root cause of the delay
- Results oriented with a positive, creative approach to achieving objectives
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.