Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Operational Planning will lead the daily activities for the Operational Planning department. In this role, they will support the Planners by having direct oversight of the daily maintenance plan build. This role ensures maintenance program, regulatory and other tasks and activities are planned and successfully executed within their prescribed time limits through delivery of an executable plan
- Ensure effective inter-branch communication for maintenance to protect day-of-flight schedule
- Oversee the complete Maintenance plan for Line Maintenance from day-of to 10 days.
- Responsible for key operational decisions regarding maintenance plan impact.
- Lead and communicate daily operations maintenance plan summaries, and host daily operational conference calls
- Manage the implementation and completion of high-profile projects
- Ensure and display consideration for financial impact when assessing plan options/scenarios.
- Manage complex Maintenance requirements with Line Maintenance and SOC
- Work with internal/external customers to support day-of plan requirements
- Responsible for resolving escalated planning conflict / capacity / routing / labour balancing / material and Line Maintenance issues
- Collaborate with System Configuration to rectify errors/omissions identified in TRAX (to include part number applicability, task card discrepancy, manhour evaluation changes, etc.
- Carry out administrative duties with regards to personnel, conduct team meetings, etc.
- Must demonstrate solid operational background
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership competencies
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Proven abilities in coaching, and motivating employees
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and achieving objectives
- Proficient in MS Office programs, TRAX, previous experience in aircraft maintenance or maintenance planning, excellent organizational skills.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.