Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Our skilled Customer Service Managers embrace their role as a Leader, assisting Customer Relations Representatives to achieve their personal potential in the delivery of superior service in handling customer complaints. Strong interpersonal skills and coaching abilities dominate as they educate and motivate their team resolving issues promptly and effectively, with the ultimate goal of maintaining customer loyalty. They quickly adapt to changes and model a positive, motivating and customer-focused attitude for employees while showcasing their strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
The position can be based in Calgary or Montreal.
- Coach employees to the team metrics, (productivity, attendance, adherence to compensation guidelines, appeals, quality) to achieve and exceed productivity and service objectives.
- Coach on soft skills by demonstrating courtesy, empathy and poise under pressure.
- Review customer files and responses to ensure quality responses, technical accuracy and conformance to Company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of manpower planning activities, work schedules, work at home visits, quality assessment score cards and other reports as required.
- Provide recognition and deliver constructive feedback in a manner that fosters motivation and empowerment to a work from home team.
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of safety, operational and customer service standards.
- Anticipate, identify, and knowledgably resolve queries from employees with a results-oriented approach to performance.
- Play an influential role in nurturing a sense of ownership across the workforce, so that employees feel empowered to use their judgment and experience to make sound decisions.
- Consistently communicate with employees and customers with company directions and explain the rationale behind our policies or decisions.
- Anticipate employees’ and customers’ needs and be available for them.
- Celebrate success with employees by recognizing great individual and team effort and take time to thank them.
- Be entrepreneurial and make every decision as if you owned Air Canada.
- Strong customer focus, dealing with employees and customers with professionalism and care
- Genuine desire to contribute to the betterment of Air Canada
- Previous experience in a customer relations environment an asset
- Strong understanding of airline tariffs and reservations an asset
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills; able to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation
- Exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment
- Strong knowledge and expertise with Air Canada’s service standards as well as labor relations
- Knowledge of labour relations and experience in managing a unionized workforce is an asset
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.