Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, Cabin Crew Excellence and Qualifications, this position will act as the liaison with the Training Department on safety and customer service training for cabin crew. The Manager, IFS Qualifications, will participate in the design, monitor the implementation and will continue to ensure regular feedback on the strategies and overall effectiveness of the safety training and customer service programs. This role will be a key position for the IFS branch in identifying, together with the Training Department, areas of improvement and enhancement in safety and customer service training programs to prepare the Cabin Crew to meet or exceed the IFS Branch expectations.
- Collaborate with the training branch in the assessment of the IFS training programs, processes and manuals in accordance with the IFS branch objectives;
- Provide guidance and feedback from the IFS branch to the Manager, Training Design & Regulatory Standards;
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the safety training design team to assist in determining the most effective methodologies and materials for program delivery;
- Develop effective project workplans and monitor progress and provide regular updates to Director with respect to milestones and deadlines;
- In collaboration with the Training Department, explore and implement a broad range of training strategies and methodologies that support adult learning styles, second language learners and individuals with learning challenges;
- Participation as needed in TTT workshops to qualify instructors on concepts and techniques required to deliver training that meets Branch objectives;
- In partnership with the Training Department develop and implement a quality control process that facilitates continuous improvement and enhancement of the various training programs;
- Complete Flight Attendant initial training and maintain Flight Attendant qualification;
- Maintain standards to be consistent with corporate Flight Path
- Bachelor of Education or other related discipline, a definite asset, or equivalent professional experience
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Motivated and an enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong PC skills
- Previous experience in a training environment
- High regard for safety and customer service
- Flight Attendant experience an asset
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Must hold a valid passport
- Pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.