Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Analyst, Application Development and Maintenance will create, support and oversee various functions within the Atlassian Suite as well other applications as per desired technology architecture and business requirements while ensuring highest quality of end-products through introduction of new tools, technology and practices for evolution of processes & optimization of applications. This position requires deep understanding of software management and delivery practices in a large and dynamic enterprise business setting and significant technical depth to balance tactical and strategic priorities.
This position will be reporting to the Manager, Application Development and Maintenance.
- Handle software applications development, testing & implementation of projects
- Support Project Management through planning, monitoring & delivery phases
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to solve development constraints and deployment issues
- Support user creation and user management activates within and for external customers
- Track and Manage users’ access, permissions and licenses
- Action all request such as user creation, troubleshooting and inquiry within a reasonable time frame (24-48 hours)
- Support JIRA configuration based on project needs such as: build workflows, custom fields, and issue types
- Create custom dashboards, reports and queries to the JIRA database
- Experience with installing and customizing plug ins (defect management)
- Maintain the JIRA access Template
- Configure and maintain our JIRA and Confluence systems.
- Support JIRA SLAs
- Manage JIRA announcements configuration in JIRA
- Manage Jira and Confluence users
- Troubleshoot, Investigate, Resolve and Validate any issues that are reported against JIRA
- Research, recommend, and guide standardized methodologies for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management within JIRA and Confluence.
- Support mass extract requirements request (more than 1000 requirements)
- Create confluence spaces for projects
- Work closely with other teams to define best practices for using Jira across the organization
- Review and analyze data from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support for the business analysis and technology/business integration efforts
- Participate on agile teams
- Ensure alignment and compliance with internal IT standards related to operations, quality and security
- 3-5 years of IT technology or operations experience in a large company
- Certifications in Jira administrator or other Atlassian certifications.
- Experience with administrating JIRA, Confluence.
- Deep understanding of JIRA and Confluence workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screens schemes, etc.
- Experience integrating JIRA and Confluence with other applications
- Continuously driven to improve and implement Agile methodologies
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Shows self motivation and autonomy
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including the confirmed ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a team player with ability to work closely with diverse groups and working styles
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.